BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm from The Netherlands and over here i'm mostly a carp angler. Hehe, i know that'll put a smile on some canadian faces :) But as you might know, it is one of the most populair european sportfish.

I'll be from beginning september till beginning october in Victoria. Outside the weekends i'll have time to go fishing and i'm now surfing for information. That's how i got on this website.

With this topic i hope to get some insight in, and tips on fishing in and around Victoria. I'm hoping to find out what'll be a good sportfish to go after and looking forward to read enthousiastic responses from you all.
I'm curious for fishing in general, fresh and salt water. But if you'd ask me to be more concrete, i'd say i'm looking for this:

- fishing from the bank/shore
- max. within an hour drive from victoria
- good sportfish that puts up a nice fight with the right material (as a carp angler, i do have preference for more weighty species)
- cost of materials is an aspect as i do have to buy some(maybe a lot) things over there. (i can store the gear at the end of my holiday till next time).

Well, I'm almost there, will fly within 4 weeks. Looking forward to go to that beautiful island again :)

I hope to get some replies. Thight lines to you all!

·
Registered
123 Posts
For Saltwater sport. I used to fish Victoria waterfront (Ogden point) with large plugs with a good dose of lead 18" from the lure for catch and release Lingcod! They are big toothy critters that demand respect when unhooking!!

Freshwater. Elk or Beaver lake for Bass (large and Smallmouth) and very accessable from the shore. I did try Carp fishing with a mixture of recognised "Euro" baits with very limited success. Don't forget you cannot introduce loose feed in BC waters and that drastically limits carp fishing success :( There are some nice sized Common carp in both Beaver and elk lakes though and i would be getting up early and scouting around for the usual patrol routes (especially beaver) to intercept these fish.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Langford lake is supposed to have some top notch bass fishing. I mostly fished trout there off the dock using the rod holders. There's some real nice guys that fish there that are always more than happy to tell you what's working at the moment.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for commenting people. Have been reading them with pleasure. It's almost time to leave, one week and a couple of days working left. Looking forward to go fishing there and will take your tips with me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts