BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anybody know how the lakes are doing( langford, thetis, elk, Durrance, ect.). I'm thinking of heading out when I have free time and just was wondering whats been working for fly if anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
according to Island outdoors all lake are producing well. I have always been successful dragging around a olive/black wolly bugger in my belly boat on a wet line. I enjoy hitting prospect right out in front of the boat launch ramp or try the highway side of elk. You can also hit elk/beaver/prospect for some bass fishing. Throw a reddish/brown or olive wolly bugger on a dry line and chuck it towards the shore with a quick retreive.

hope that helps...

I

·
0 Posts
I fish a lot at Thetis Lake and always have luck catching a bass or a trout. I drag a doc spratley around quite a bit which normally produces a few hits in the early morning. I will also throw on a spinner for some bass action, I caught a 4 pounder there in '05. Good Luck and let me know where you are having some luck. I am going to try out Spectacle and Prospect soon here on the Island.

"A bad day fishing, is better than a good day at work"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up going out to Langford lake last weekend landed 2 nice trout using a wolly bugger. Probably go back out again in the next few days and try some other patterns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
went back out to the lake. Nothing was really working then had a big hit on a caterpiller pattern when I measured the fish out it was 19in. Besides that one hit it was pretty dead. Has anybody ever tried any other lakes besides elk/langford/prospect and thetis for south island lakes, just looking for a change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts