BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John Heaven, the manager at the Bell-Irving Hatchery is seeking for volunteers to finish fin clipping the rest of the juvenile coho salmon for Kanaka Creek at the hatchery. The clipping will take place on August 11th and 12th, from 8:30am to 3:00pm. If they are unable to finish clipping the rest of the fish, they will be released as wild fish, which reduces the number of keepable fish for recreational anglers in a few years from now. My son and I are heading out in a short while. I phoned the Hatchery this morning and they still need volunteers, especially tomorrow. I figured I would take my son as in four years he will be 11 and when he catches one of these fish he can say he helped clip them.

If you are interested to help the hatchery, please use the following contact information:

John Heaven, Manager
Bell-Irving Hatchery,
11450 256th. Street
Maple Ridge B.C.
Canada V2W 1H1
P: 604-462-8643

· Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well my son and I just got back from the hatchery and had a great time. I met some great people that do some great work. I got alot of great info as well and have signed up for volunteering. It is amazing the amount of volunteers they need. We will be going back tomorrow to do some more clipping but here is a picture of my son hard at work.

Hopefully this is just the start for him volunteering. Figured it is never to soon.

· Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Giuseppe said:
Is it tomorrow (12th) the last day for this volunteering work? I hope not. Please let me know if there is any other day I can go there.
Thanks

Giuseppe
Hey Giuseppe today was the last day for clipping for now. You can always go and visit the hatchery and talk to John the manager. They are always looking for people to volunteer doing almost anything. I will be doing more work there as well as on the river.

· Registered
517 Posts
flyguy said:
Giuseppe said:
Is it tomorrow (12th) the last day for this volunteering work? I hope not. Please let me know if there is any other day I can go there.
Thanks

Giuseppe
Hey Giuseppe today was the last day for clipping for now. You can always go and visit the hatchery and talk to John the manager. They are always looking for people to volunteer doing almost anything. I will be doing more work there as well as on the river.
Thanks flyguy, I'll go there for sure, or I'll give them a call earlier since I live very far away from there.

Giuseppe

· Registered
1,165 Posts

· Registered
517 Posts
Thanks flyguy, I really appreciate that. I enjoy fishing as much as I care for our nature. And after two years going our there I think is time to give back a bit of time.
I will have a look at these links. And please let me know if you are involved in some other activity, I will be happy to join you.

Giuseppe

· Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes they will be doing it again next year but the Seymour matchery is doing again this Thursday and Saturday. Here is the e-mail address if you are interested [email protected]. They will be clipping there from 9am-3pm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.