BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the Simms G4, G3 and the Headwaters guys...

I like the waterproof pocket on the G4's, but that's not that important, the G3's will probably do the trick. Although, I read an old thread here from KP and he had some issues with them, he gets a lot of mileage as do I, so it does have me worried...

I also looked at the headwaters as a cheap alternative.

Any feedback on any of these 3 waders from those of you who use them...?

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

rib

·
Registered
195 Posts
I bought the G4Z about a year and a half ago and have no complaints at all.
Very comfortable to wear and they have them in a ton of sizes.
I do go through the bush at times and they have stood up to the abuse very well.
I really like the zipper for those cold rainy days when you have to take a leak.
A bit on the pricey side but so far they have not disappointed.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I bought the G4Z about a year and a half ago and have no complaints at all.
Very comfortable to wear and they have them in a ton of sizes.
I do go through the bush at times and they have stood up to the abuse very well.
I really like the zipper for those cold rainy days when you have to take a leak.
A bit on the pricey side but so far they have not disappointed.
I like the the full five layers throughout and around the saddle. Tough as nails.

Cheers Marko

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so I opted for the G4's (no zipper)...several factors led to this choice, the determining factor was the 5 layer design all the way up. Durability was the primary concern...

Now I guess I'll fish in them for a while and let you know how they perform.

Thanks for all the info guys,

Rib

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i find myself in need of new waders, budget concious, can get the simms freestones for $269.00 taxes in which is about as high as i want to go...i know this topic has come up from time to time but just wondering if anyone has these what they think about them, or anything else in that price range....breathables of course....thanx

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
i find myself in need of new waders, budget concious, can get the simms freestones for $269.00 taxes in which is about as high as i want to go...i know this topic has come up from time to time but just wondering if anyone has these what they think about them, or anything else in that price range....breathables of course....thanx
I think the Redington CPX's are around that price too and from what I've read are a bit better than the Freestone's. They also have a zip-front.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I managed to pickup a new pair of Simms g3 for $240 shipped on ebay last year. I go fishing once week and never have had any problems. The water resistance has worn off a little, but I just need to reapply the spray. I really enjoy them. My friend has the reddington and they are nice as well. While i never seen the g4 in person, I figure anything SIMMS will be pretty good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.