BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my pair of milano's are toast after 2 seasons of rough treatment. I'm in the market for new boots. Ive tried the sedge boots and was very disappointed in the quality. Im not looking to break the bank by buying the simms g3's, but something thats a good boot for a good price. The freestones seem nice as well as chota's. what would you buy?

· Registered
141 Posts
Not sure if you have yet, but try looking at the other thread on here all about wading boots. It's just a couple of topics down in the Gear review section. There is TONS of info in there for all your boot questions.

Good Luck! :beerchug:

· Banned
2,854 Posts
ya no kidding check out the other topic it also has some sites mentioned like www.cabelas.com i just got some stuff from them and the boots are cheap and super tough. I got the lightweights and they are great ;D

just ship to a US address and you dont pay duty and brokers fees for shipping over the line. just GST/PST when you cross back thats all

I use this for my US address www.packageexpress.com

hope that gives you some options

HOOK

· Registered
1,519 Posts
The freestone boots by Simms absolutley rock. The ankle support is like wearing a ski boot without all the weight. I own a pair and have had them for a cole os seasoms. They rule! Worth the doe you put out!

Hotrod

· Registered
49 Posts
I bought the Korkers awhile back, A bit soft but definitely comfortable. The only drawback, and possibly a dangerous one, is that if you ended up on the edge of the shoe, where the felt doesn't reach, you might as well be standing baby oil. Bit it once last year due to that, or was it the whiskey shooters? It was nice being able to switch sole styles when it was Steelie time. Didnt bite it like my buddy in his ice covered felt soles. Hehe!

· Registered
49 Posts
Just looked those up. Sweeeet. I like their new interlocking system, although I have never had a sole pop out on me, yet! Luv technical gear! Yeah, I'm a geek fisherman! LOL!

· Registered
110 Posts
One thing to remember about wading boots is that they are wading boots.

What I mean is, the felt on the soles is meant to be replaced when it approx. 1/2 to 3/4 gone.
Any less than that it is not doing the job anyway.
You can't wear your boots down to nothing and eat up the midsole and stitching and blame the manufacturer.
I have gotten upwards of 4 seasons out of a pair if properly re-soled. Three times on that pair.
The other thing that I do is have two pairs of boots at all times. This allows you to dry them out thouroughly more often and do any repairs or maintenence required.
After many cycles of wet and dry even the best leather will dry out. A little loving with neatsfoot oil or the like, will make em' all happy again.
This comes from more than two decades of experience with the product and 8 years directly in the industry.

· Registered
1,030 Posts
cough korkers cough I know where you can get them at a gooder price too :thumbup: ;) ;).... I absoultley love em' Mine are the $150 reg ones, not the new $249.99 reg ones....look sweeter though...

after 2 seasons of hard use, and u know its hard use ;D...up and down canyon walls, 4-5 km hikes, bushwhacking through thick brush...and they still look as good as they did on day ONE! :thumbup: I just ordered in new felts as after 120 + days they finally wore out....

Just be careful and don't wear the felts while walking through the bush, and do not wear the rubber lug sole on slippery rocks, or you'll end up with a right knee like mine.... :drunk:

Not a bad deal for boots, felt soles, and rubber lug soles...I can kick anyones ass walking in the bush with them on...

Also, they're a 2 part boot, sooo the bottoms just need to be replaced...better then buying the 1 piece boots that have the bottoms blow on you....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.