BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Guess I miss the point. We are talking a test fishery run by DFO are we not? Should they not conduct test fisheries? What is the percentage of the run they capturing? Not trying to start a fight, I just dont get what you are trying to say.

· Registered
606 Posts
I don't quite get your point either......Are you saying the test sets are effecting the runs or current commercial fishing openings???
Please clarify your comments for us ..... :?
Either way,,,,the large sockeye numbers haven't reached the Fraser yet....Getting closer though.....

· Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just seems that the sockeye #'s dropped all of a sudden, wondered if there was a correlation between all the fish being netted in the river, and the #'s being counted in the test fishery. kinda like, I wonder what percentage of fish are intercepted.

· Registered
54 Posts
FRom what I make of the DFO site, commercial guys are open for 10 hours in the Fraser River on Tuesday the 15th....Is that the only scheduled commercial opening....just trying to figure out what days NOT to go fishing :roll: Thanks and TL

· Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
golly gee whiz, what happened to all of the little fishies???
this was kinda my whole point, how many fish are actually making it through, once the netfest begins? It will be interesting to see how quickly the numbers rebound, if at all. still, it's good to see that the commercial guys got their chance, now let's see if they get another.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.