BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)

Hi guys ,
well I did some crabbing in belcarra it was ok but no fish, I was thinking on if anyone had any knowledge of fishing deep cove for say ling cod/salmon/crab? Also cates park or horseshoe bay area any good?If you have any suggestions/info on other places to go that sport both good fishing and crabbing I would love to hear it ;D I only have a well built inflatable 12ft with a electric 3 horse . :beerchug: Thanks guys .......

· Registered
36 Posts
Easily caught my limit of 4 Dungeness keepers off Admiralty Point last time i was out... (Monday August 4th) - by the time we hit our destination (Brunch @ Arms Reach Bistro in Deep Cove - & came back - the trap was full & overlimit! (chicken for bait)

The long shelf runs just a little NW off the point - try about 100meters out (i usually go down 60-70feet down & try to keep it out of the traffic which is heavy there with boaters on the weekends)...(you'll see lots of other traps out there - i typically leave it for 3+ hours...)

GOOD LUCK....AND if ya want... I've got a great crab cake recipe! :yummy:

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the post back :thumbup: I tried cates today and well it was nothing great at all belcarra seems to be looking better about now ,lol, Thats funny you mention admiral point because when i was on the dock there befor i got my boat I told myself hmm knowone is really going up to the left just straight forward and well 1 guy did okay but the spot u mentioned by instinct that was my choice I figured the little crabbys would be coming in that way so i thought if only i had a boat i would drop it there now I can and well within the next to days I might have to take you up on that offer of a crabcake recipe, :thumbup: Thanks again .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.