BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, eveyone, was a sad day on the water today as a friend of mine THICKRICK gave CPR to this guy that was fightng a spring, That suffered a heart attack, it took a few people taking turns to give CPR untill the paramedics showed up, abuot 45 minutes later he was turning white and foaming at the mouth , They took the guy and his buddy away in a truck , As to Rick Good courage pumping on his chest and to everyone else that helped out, was a very sad day , as i was walking back to my spot i heard one of the Paramedics say he is gone, but they still worked on him, also heard that this guy was a Diabetic, To everyone that stoped fishing to help out you showed alot of respect for a fellow fisherman while other fisherman couldnt give a damn as they just wanted there fish, Was not a nice site to see, I feel for the family, I wish there was a way to see if he did really make it and if not where and when the funeral is, I think it would be a good support for a few people that helped to attend if they were up to it, and talk to the imdeiate family and explain what happened.

· Registered
1,660 Posts
That's tragic indeed. Good for you guys who helped out...too often apathy has become the norm in today's society. I helped out a drunk guy who had fallen from his bike yesterday in Langley. Human life is still human life...and if we are able to help someone out, we should.

· Registered
21 Posts
very sad indeed.... makes me worry about my aging dad...
(who got me hooked on fishin' as a kid !)

nevertheless... fighting a spring has got to be one of the better ways to go (probably up there with havin sex...)

· Registered
2,676 Posts
I'd have to agree starbaby...If there is any comfort form this event, it would be he went doing what he loved...Not many can say that. Too many people often turn there heads not wanting to get involved...I'd sure hope some one would stop and help me if I was in trouble...Good on you guys for doing what you could.. Our thoughts go out to the family.

Finder :wink:

· Registered
736 Posts
I was there with FishFreak and my Buddy Rick as well. This was indeed a sad scene. Still can't quite get over what happened. But thanks and appreciation to all those that did what they could. This is definately one day that we wsih we could forget but know that it will always be in our minds. My deepest condolances to the friends and family of our fellow fishermen. I just wish that there was more we could have done. He didn't look so good on the way down river past us, then a min later the poor guy was laying on the rocks. I don't really know what else to say. :(

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Take good care of yourselves, folks. Try to be as healthy as you can be...limit poor lifestyle choices and be active. I see too many in the hospital that could have had a way better quality of life if they only took some interest in their own health early on.

· Registered
233 Posts
i too was up there. very sad day. it is sad to see him excited fighting a big spring, and then suddenly collapsing. i still cannot get over it. i am still thinking of how sad it is. he was probably a dad, had a wife, and the rest of his family. i saw some of what i believe was his family riding in a police truck driving to the scene. im sure it was some of his family because they were very upset and crying. i hope his family can get through this.

Coho Cody :wink:

· Registered
105 Posts
Fighting a big spring is a very strenuous cardiovascular task. I think we all should think about it before we order our next big mac. This is a very sad story indeed. We think we are invinceble because we feel ok but we all know we are pushing the envilope, most fishemen I know anyways! My best to this guy and his famly!

· Registered
696 Posts
I plucked two natives from the river last year at the bottom of grassy, as usual we were camped out and my wife heard someone crying for help out in the river I was asleep, ended up two older natives men flipped the boat when the net got hung up, was well after midnight, a couple guys further up the beach actually gave me a hard time for gettin them out of the river, neither were wearing jackets, after I dropped them off.

· Registered
54 Posts
Sorry to hear such a saddening story....Well done to all of those who were able to help and you must know that you did all that could be done. What a scary situation to have to deal with....Lets hope the season ends with only one sad story like this one...TL

· Registered
85 Posts
Much Respect!

I've been reading about this fellow angler's passing on both FWR and BCFR. I have the utmost respect for those who dropped what they were doing to help. Bless you all!

· Registered
606 Posts
My condolences go to the family of this fisherman and a pat on the back goes to ThickRick for jumping in and doing your best...Rick, you are definately made of the right stuff,my hat's off to you sir!!!
Coho Cody,,,don't worry , the thoughts will go away with time,your Dad and I both deal with this stuff all the time at the firehall, it still gets under our skin,but, you just have to remember, that fellow passed away doing what he enjoyed ..... :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.