BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Watch Lake in Sept.
Any advice on what to use & where to use it will be a HUGE help,as I've never fished this lake before.

Cheers
Rocko
:beerchug:

·
Registered
327 Posts
We generally go up there every summer except for this one.
Usually gang trolls with a red kokanne killer/worm work around the Northof the lake if you are trolling.
It's a shallow lake so look for the drops off the sides of the shoals, towards the south of the lake, and if flyfishing cast a darker redish/purple-ish micro-leeches over the edges and drag them up into the shoal.
We get a few really nice ones that way usually.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Maybe average we've seen is up to 12 inches, biggest maybe 16.
Hard to reflect back over a year or so ago.
Try the shoal areas out front of Ace High Resort in the middle and south on the opposite side there's a few as well, that's where we got the bigger ones.
Can't miss them as they have that glacier green colour to them.
At night, really close to dark, try the little weedy bays across from the resort and on the south shoreline of the resort.
Good luck!

G

·
There are some big fish in Watch Lake. At the Green Lake/Watch Lake derby this year, the biggest fish was 8lb 12oz. I caught one that weighed in at 3lb 4 oz. There were many others in the 3-4 lb range.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is all great info guys :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm itch'in to get there, Only 4 more sleeps LOL :happy: :happy:

I'm there for a week so any info or suggestions on nearby lakes would be good too ;)

Cheers Rocko
:beerchug:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was just in a local tackleshop in the area and apparently someone pulled a 15lber out of Green Lake yesterday. (Watch Lake and Green Lake are connected by a short spawning channel).

I have no idea what this fish was caught on but it was probably deep.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm not sure if you have left yet, but I fish the lake often as my family have a piece of property on the lake. I have the best results on green wolly buggers, green spratlys, 52 buiks, and silver muddlers (shhhhhh)!
You used to be able to catch your limit of 12" trout maybe five years ago, but now you sorta have to work at it, but there are alot of large trout in there now. The lake was stocked with Tzensicut and blackwater trout about 5 years ago that have now grown nice and large. The biggest I have seen come out of the lake was 10 and a half pounds this year. The derby was great I got the third with a 7+ pounder.

Good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey 100mile gord where is & what's the name of the local tackle shop?

Again Guys THANKS :thumbup:

There is a lot of helpful angler out there!

Cheers Rocko

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.