BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been to watch lake yet this season? Just wondering how the fishing has been and what the fly of choice has been lately? Heading up for the long weekend for some trout action and some hot wings and beers at the Iron horse!

S

·
0 Posts
I was at Watch for the long weekend and the fishing was good. Lots in the 1.5 to 2 lb range and a few being caught that were 2 to 4 lbs. Woolly buggers, rolled muddlers, pregnant shrimp and 52 buick patterns were all working well (mostly in olive or green). Those trolling wedding bands with worms were also doing well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I was just up there for the derby this weekend. I caught 9. Weighed 4 in, lost 4 including the biggest one and released 1. On the Sunday with 30 minutes left in the derby, I was ready to pack it in, starting realing in my muddler and wham, it turned out to be 4 pounds 11 ounces, the derby winner!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Nicely done! I was wondering what the derby winner was, as the web site has not been updated. Hopefully we will fish Watch Lake in September at least one day when we head to Sheridan Lake for our annual trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts