BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Thanks, Rod for posting this very informative & educational look at what is currently happening in BC....There has been considerable interest in this at all levels of the media recently and the project on the Pitt River has been slowed or a t the least, put on hold for the time being....The other planned projects are in various stages and many are still in the "planning" stage....One question I have....who is doing the preliminary work, the construction,the logging, the blasting.....?...foreign or local?...........Ortho 8)

· Registered
781 Posts
Anyone that is passionate about saving our rivers should take the time and go and see the project first hand. It takes your breath away to see how much the area has changed and how something marketed the right way (green power) can slip through unnoticed with a lot of smoke and mirrors. It was a beautiful river and home to my first coho on the fly. Lots of great memories for a lot of people that will be very sad to see how it has turned out.

· Registered
20 Posts
Eye-opening stuff! I'm new to BC and have only heard limited discussions of this topic on the radio. There must be members on who actively partake in the fight against what is happening, so please send me information or details on how to help out.

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.