BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In regards to the Report by Water Walkin',

Undoubtedly, I would be pissed if someone posted the same things about a report of mine. It was wrong of me to bring up my concerns the way that I did. I can not go back unsay the things I did. I can not go back and undo my thread hijacking of an excellent report by someone who obviously cares about the fish that he was looking for. I dont expect this post to smooth over anything that I had said but I do wish you and the members of this site to know that I made a mistake in how I handled my interpretation of the situation and for that I am sorry.

·
Registered
172 Posts
In my eyes it speaks volumes for a man to possibly lower his own ego in the eyes of others on a public forum by publicly clearing a disgruntled conversation he may have had, for no reason other than he felt it was necessary.
That being said, remember that anyones opinion that matters, wont see it as that, but as an act of good measure and from one who both gives and expects respect.
You've certainly done that and I appreciate it.

Before my reply I looked at your previous posts, maybe trying to learn about you and what I saw was that you are actively involved or at least knowledgeable on the well being of todays steelhead numbers and so I concluded that you had an interest in the well being of the fish.

I am an avid fisher/hunter/conservationist in the way that I have spent many a day releasing or letting walk both fish and game, although usually wating for a better representation of the species but more so as an excuse to spend another day on the water or in the field.
I can appreciate where you come from.
There is nothing to be proud of if something has been harvested in an illegal or even unethical way.
Anyways, thanks again and my apologies for any uncalled for comments or anything that may have offended you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hotrod; I landed that beauty hatchery fish on the stamp 3 years ago and it was released to see another day and spread those genes :)
What was cool about that fish is that it was slightly coloured as you can see, but had sea lice around his vent.
I am certain he went back to sea after entering the river a first time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.