BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I got your attention. I'm looking to find out if the rumor I heard is true or not.

The rumor: Weaver Lake gate is closed and impassable due to complaint last spring/summer.

I was talking with a couple guys who said this is so. I haven't been up there to look for myself, but if anyone knows anything, I'd like to hear about it. I like fishing at Weaver Lake. If I find out anything in the next couple days I'll post it here.

Thanks
B-Daddy

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hugh?? I like fishn that lake too. I hope its not closed.
This is the number I call before I go up there to make sure the gate is open.
Maybe some1 could use it to call to find out whats going on.

·
Banned
17 Posts
The road is gated and has been since last year. In order to get up the road you must call in advance and make arrangements to get a key. They will give you a key but you must put down a 50$ deposit. Upon return of the key 45$ will be returned as 5$ is taken as a user fee. They also limit the number of people who go in and out per day to 5 or 6 I think. Call Hub Sports for more information 1 604 859 8316 they have the telephone number for the gate keeper.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That really blows about locking the public out of weaver lake! Is that not public land? Where is the gate? Is it up by the forestry camp ground? I can see them having the right to manage the camp ground, but not lake access. I had the same thing happen at Chilliwack lake last winter. I hauled the boat all the way up there only to find the campground gate locked, so I had no access to the boat launch. I was very poed! Whats the deal here? This seems to be happening more and more in BC since the Liberals have been in power! They privitise the camp grounds and boat launches and charge for every thing and then lock the facility up when ever they feel like it. They shut down the trout hatchery facility in Abbotsford, Allouette lake, and god Knows where else! I have lived my whole life in BC and some of my best childhood and young adult memories are the times I spent camping and fishing in BC parks with my family and friends. It breaks my heart to see all these facilities being run into the ground by a pile of bean counting bozos!

·
Banned
17 Posts
The gate has nothing to do with the so called "Liberal Bozos" (I'm not going to wade into the political end of things) but more to do with the partying people and vandals in the area. There were numerous cars being torched up there and other things being destroyed. The only way to curb these problems are to restrict access so that all users become accountable. If you want to thank anybody for the closure thank the retards leaving garbage, burned cars, and vandalism in the area. This is just the way of the world and everybody is going to have to start getting used to it because it's not going to change.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got off the phone with the keymaster (from last year) at the number posted above at 604-796-1204. He said that someone did complain last year too much and the Ministry of Forests Chilliwack did not back up the need to have day use of Weaver Lake available. :x
Therefore there will be no day use of the campsite/lake until after a camp host is available starting on April 1st, 2006. You cannot pay the $50 deposit to get the key for day use purposes plus the $5 user fee. But if you want to camp overnight you could pick up a key. Gary the keymaster doesn't want to sit around waiting for 5 or 6 keys to be returned all day long. So no day use fishing at Weaver lake until after April 1st. Other options for the area would be Grace Lake, Wolfe Lake or Wood Lake.

If anyone goes up that way fishing could you post a report of your day here or private message me.

Thanks. It's sad that we can fish where we want to anymore.

B-Daddy

·
Registered
694 Posts
Can't tell you about the fishing but can tell you that there was about a foot of snow up there today. Better have good tires or hope for warmer weather :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where did old man winter come from? It's March for Pete-sake. In like a lion out like a lamb - we got the lion I hope or the other end of this month is gonna be really nasty. Yes, I hope things warm up soon. And don't forget the warm coffee if you go out floattubing in this cold weather. Thanks for the report.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts