BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading up to weaver lake tommorow to giver a try. Havent been up there for a year or so. Will be out in my fishcat 4. Will post a report when i return

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well After fighting with the Host of the campground up there because suposevely we wernt suposed to be there till after 7 am. That is when the gate opens.gate is suposevely closed from 10 pm till 7 am. So that was a bit of a pain. ive never seen that gate closed in all the times ive been up there. He was like im gonna tow ur vehicle and stuff.Anyways on with the fishin report. Not as good as i hoped but i did catch fish. took a lil while to find out what they wanted.i think i brough in about 9 fish and lost a few dozen more. Caught a few around 12 inches. one i lost was a bit bigger. lost hom in the stumps.i was using small green micro leechs,purple micro leeches,and a black doc spratley. Weather was beautiful. not to much wind. all in all i had a fun day out on the water.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Weaver

My buddy was up there last weekend. Had a bit of a slow day trolling flies but reported the gang trolls were getting them. I have only fished Weaver once and had some luck behind the island to the right of the launch IIRC. Casting the type III with micro leech and letting is sink strainght down to about 30ft and slow retrive seem to work well...

Edit; Just noticed that you already went..Duh. Good to hear you got into some fish...

Cheers

-RC

·
Registered
149 Posts
Some friends and myself camped at Weaver lake last week for 4 days.The "hosts" (caretaker) seemed nice enough. And the campground and boat launch were clean! A nice change from the trash and beer cans that are usualy scattered about the area! I've never recalled the gate being shut overnight before.But to be honest it seems to be keeping the partiers away at night. It was nice and quiet.The fishing was not bad .Most of the trout caught were in the 8" to 12" range. My friend and myself covered the lake pretty good as we spent better than 40 hours sneaking around on it in my old canoe. First thing in the morning and later at night was not bad for small dry's in and around the logs that line the shoreline, behind the island to the right of the boat launch. Trolling Didn't produce much for us. And during the daytime we caught most of them with a silver #2 blue fox tipped with a worm.Mostly in and around the logs. I know we did quite a bit better than the folks who were trolling there gang trolls and wedding bands. We pan fried a few.Served with rice, corn on the cob and ceaser salad.. Tasty... All in all it was a nice 4 day's that I can't complain about...cheers

·
Registered
452 Posts
Any word on how it's fishing these days (late July 2010) or is mid-summer usually a write-off up there?

Thanks. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your going to fish it best bet is either early morning or in the evening. when this are cooling down. and when the bugs are on the water. If your going to fish during the day try fishing down deep off the bottom.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We have been there 2x this year, last time was the end of June. We usually troll flies and seem to do ok on anything that is green and can get down in the water. Our last trip was cut short by the rain that started once we were trolling along the far shore. A little rain never hurts anyone but this just didn't want to let up so we packed it in earlier then normal. We did manage to get 2 fish, nothing real big but still scrappy.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Fished it a few times in the past and the one thing i noticed,If your trolling try going a little faster then normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts