BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks,
I'm back for another fishing/camping season hope everyone had a great winter.
Looks like there have been some improvements to the site. Good work.
Heading up to Weaver tomorrow. Anybody know whats happening up there?
Thanks in advance,
Aaron

·
Registered
612 Posts
From what I have heard it is getting almost impossible to get access to the lake and launch..Locked gate all the time due to problem people...I'm not happy with this kind of crap,after all,it is not private land..Its crowm land and an enjoyable fishing spot...More effort needs to be made to accomodate us well behaved fishers who want to use OUR lake...... If better or more key systems need to be implimented then so be it.......
Just my opinion,,,if the management of the weaver lake area doesn't like my opinions,,Tough,,,suck it up and do what's right....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard something about a gatekeeper. There was a phone number posted here last year. Any idea of that number??

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went to Weaver on Sunday... if the gate is closed you just pull into the Chehalis Campground area (on the right hand side if you are heading towards Weaver) and stop at the site manager's place. They will charge you $30 ($10 per vehicle + $20 deposit that you get back when you drop the key back off)... then you are set.

As for the fishing... was very slow when we were there... barely even saw any in the offlimit parts. Between four of us we caught 5... all fairly small although one was a fair size. You can tell there are lots of fish around... they just weren't biting that day.

·
Registered
247 Posts
was the $10 fee for overnight camping because i am understanding that "enhanced"forestry sites are $10 per night to camp and there is NOT a day use fee

·
Registered
27 Posts
well they didn't charge it as a camping fee... they charged $10 as a gate fee... and then a $20 deposit for the keys... so you pay for the day whether you like it or not. I heard a rumour that starting this week the gate will be kept open during the day but I'm not sure if that is true or not....

·
Registered
247 Posts
i'm thinking this guy is out to make a buck on the side and needs to be reported to forestry that he is charging a day use fee when all the "enhanced" forestry sites i've been to only charge the ten bucks to camp. it is CROWN LAND and therefore is owned by the people of b.c. and should be open just like abbyfireguy said.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Agree with you guys, don't we all pay enough user fees already.....geez.... okay I won't get going on that one. . But looking to take the offspring with me to fish. I will be in float. kids on shore.. haha sorry honey... Suggestions on the flies to tote up there. and will the old faithful worm work for the kids? Spinner? yadda yadda yadda.

Hey all, love the environment, love bc(born and raised here 30+ years) lets keep it clean, take out what you take in.

Cheers all. See ya on the lakes and in the trails!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Heading up there on Saturday right after work for the night...never been there before, any suggestions of where to fish, what to use, and the number or where to get the key??

·
Registered
247 Posts
if the gate is locked you need to go back to the chehelis river camp site and get it from the host.(see above posts regarding cost). i always had my best luck in the bay area to the rightside and out in front of the launch area. if your in a boat the very far end around the tree trunck you can see under the water was also good. hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts