BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to weaver lake after work friday for the weekend :thumbup: I'll be bringin my boat and fly gear but I've never fished weaver before. I read through some old threads and it sounds like wooley buggers in black or green, may flies, damsels .... I was planning on trying some chronomids or micro leeches probably in green, olive, black and if all else fails I'll always try a sz16 blood worm off the bottom. I think I could use a little advice from someone who knows this lake. I'll post a report when I get back :beerchug:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
i suggest taking a spinning rod with some ford fenders and/or wedding bands and troll them with worms IF they arent touching the flies. used to do great in this lake with the gear as a kid :thumbup: fish were bigger back then also :peace:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Stick to the flies. Lotsa fish to be had on the fly. Never really pulled anything over a pound outta there, but definately can pull lots of em outta there. Nice lake with good scenery, but being warm who knows. Been there in the dead of summer, still hammer lots. I like the area right where it narrows between the further part of the lake and the front part, near the boat launch.....Legion Pass!

Good luck! and bring the sunscreen!!......leeches are a good bet...in the micro variety, ...or spratleys.. :beerchug:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wife and some friends will be doing the gear/worm fishing but if there out fishing me ya never know ;) thanks for the tip fire fish. from what I hear this lake stays cool through the summer compared to other lakes of the area so I'm hoping that the mornings will produce fish anyway. :cheers:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Made my way up to weaver friday after work. Got there around 8 pm and the place was packed :wallbash: Some friends were there waiting for us and we decided to spend the night then look for somewhere else saturday morning. We ended up deciding on salsbury lake up near stave lake. i had never been there before and agreed that as long as my boat got wet I'd be happy. We found a spot large enough for everyone a very short walk from the lake with a large (for this lake) beach. Got a good sun burn and one of my dogs spent about 10hrs in the water including towing me around in a floatie ;D I think I should harness her to the front of the boat for a little trolling next time :happy: save on gas :-X As for the fishing I only caught 3 small bows all on a black and blue wooley bugger sz 12 about 9ft deep on a floating line. Lots of fun for all but this lake doesn't seem to hold any bigger fish. Lots of small risers late in the evening but the water temps are awfully warm as the lake is pretty shallow in most places. I guess I'll try again at weaver when the crowds die down :cheers:

salmonslayer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.