BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the late report :roll: Went to grassy on wednesday for the first half of the day. Fished the bar down below it for awhile, and didn't get anything, so my friend and I boated to the top end of grassy and anchored. Right before we were about to leave I hooked into one. I fought it for a few secs from the boat, then I thought I lost it. I reeled in about 100 yds of the line that the fish peeled off, and right when it got to the boat the line tightened up again. Yes thats right, the fish ran right to the boat from half way across the river. It then decided to go back out into open water. We pulled anchor and chased it downstream, and 5 mins later we boated it. My first fraser spring, and my first red spring :) We guessed it in the high 20's any other guesses?

My friend caught one sockeye as well. But there weren't many other fish caught while we were there.

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
That's a beaut! But Chris, you cleaned it first and then decided to hold it up for a picture did you not. That is deceiving because it looks fatter than it really is!!!!

My guess.......19.5 pounds uncleaned. 18 cleaned.

All kidding aside, way to go!

· Registered
1,519 Posts
That's a beauty fish man! I was at Grassy last wednesday with Marko from this site.He invited me to join him and his son and we too were fishing the top of Grassy bar but no fish for us.Dfo was checking boats that day but somehow managed to pass us over.Maybe cause we were roasting hotdogs on the beach.

Hotrod

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Hey Hotrod.....Are you quietly admitting to a very rare "blank day"? :shock: Wow! there's a first!..
Hopefully, the food was good and the day was warm & sunny and you & Marko had a good time out there........See ya on the river, my friend...Ortho 8)

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Well people, back from the flow and man did my luck change!!!! :D I switched spots, made some new friends and couldn't keep the fish out of the boat. 8) Hey Hotrod,great havin ya! One more day would have made all the diff, my head's still spinning. We caught fish from 7-30lbs,average over 20,and lost a couple over 30! The guys next to us caught a 5 0 pounder and broke my scale checking! YEOW :shock:

· Registered
909 Posts
I don't know about that, personally I think anything over 25 is a waste to kill, nothing like fileting a side of beef
Crazy D

· Registered
119 Posts
Crazy Drifter said:
I don't know about that, personally I think anything over 25 is a waste to kill, nothing like fileting a side of beef
Crazy D
You know what they say opinions are like? I'll give you a hint, it starts with an "A" and every has one!!

Nice fish, I would have kept it also!!

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Actually,Ortho, after I left Marko on the fraser I did a solo mission to the Vedder and played a nice ten lb'er that made my day complete.so not quite skunked.I just couldn't go home without hooking a fish.A great day with ya Marko and if you need company again I'm in!!!!

Hotrod

DID ANYONE ELSE SEE THE GUY WHO BACKED HIS CAR INTO THE FRASER THAT DAY? I GOT A COUPLE OF GRAT PICS. I COULD EMAIL THEM TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO POST THEM ON THE SITE.

· Registered
909 Posts
Easy there Skagit before you go flapin your wings the comment was'nt directed at Chris( nice fish by the way) it was in regards to the posting from marko about the guy who caught the 50 lb'er, most people I know would take a couple pictues and send er' back on it's way. A 20 ish lb fish is way nicer to work with ,cleaning,cooking, storing.
Crazy D

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
That was Ernie, oops , poor guy! Man ,word travels fast . Hey Hotrod , how'd ya do at the candy store ? I could'nt stay away either. Saw a nice Shimano reel in there with a chip in the spool to stop the nesting when you hit the water for I beleave around 800.oo beans ! A guy came in and bought one of those and a center pin for around the same price, must be nice !! :roll: A n y w a y s , back on topic , I had this one buck on on tuesday , and like some other action we were watching that day , were amased at the hight some of these big springs can get out of the water!!! He must have come out 10 or 12 times. Staight up 6 feet 10 feet in front of us , the length of the boat a couple of times and multiple rolls. I guess it was only fitting , after what felt like a 40 min fight, he would spit the hook back at me without a mark on my leader. 8)To quote, when you fish you tempt the unKnown , this is so true every day is differen't. . . . . . . Marko

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Hey Hotrod........I didn't think you would head home empty handed :wink: Glad to hear you got out to the Vedder. The water conditions are perfect right now. I am thinking of giving the ol' flyrod a rip tomorrow. Should have the whole river to myself!..Ortho 8)

· Registered
1,519 Posts
I just emailed the pic of the car in the water at Island 22 boat launch to ribwart who has kindly offered to post it for me. I talked to the fella who's car it was and it seems he was backing his boat trailor tp the river with his waders on with rubber souls (you know the kind)and they were a little wet and his foot slipped off the brake and plunged it into the gas pedal and down they went.Thank god he was OK.Hopefully rib got the photo to post it.

Hotrod

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
I feel for the fellow. I hope his vehicle engine and boat will recover. Was he wearing thos damn PVC waders from Canadian Tire? If so, I know how he feels except I was at the Chehalis bridge and was pulling out of the parking area and my foot slipped and I ran over my buddies foot.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.