BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a "Summer house" up in Westbank near kelowna and we heard of some excellent lakes up near the Crystal Mountain area, but not sure the names of the lakes or what kind of fish they contain. We would obviously guess bows, but ya never know. We're heading up next weekend and we're taking all of our float tubes and maybe even our 12ft aluminum. So if any of you guys know, are there really any good lakes up in the Crystal Mountain area, or should we just stick to the Merritt area? Oh and does anyone know if these lakes are iced-off yet?

Thanks,
Coho Cody :cheers:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Fished Jimmy lake out of falkland thurs, fri, and saturday, and it was hot as hell. i cant imagine that there are any lakes up in the okanogan that are still iced over. the temp on my deck out of the sun right now is 38c.damn hot. the girlfriend and i were fishing all day yesterdy untill we got a little :drunk: and in the afternoon, not to sound like a pussy, but it was hot as hell. we look like a couple lobsters. if i were you i'd stick to the merritt area. Living in vernon i have never had any good reports comming from that area, so i always make the trip to merritt, be it for the day or a few days. i'll ask around for ya though, maybe someone at one of the local shops is holding out on some info, i'll check and pm you if i hear anything good.
cheers, tuber

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
Cody,

If you are in Westbank then you have to check out Jackpine Lake as it is 30 minutes on an easy 2 wheel Drive Road. See my separate post on this Forum in the Okanagan Section. Easy to find two. Here's the directions. http://jackpinelake.com/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Definitely try jackpine; lots of fish and there are big ones there. There are other lakes a bit further that are worth exploring too. Beautiful area. I have heard of big fish in Porcupine, but I have also heard of people fishing for the Ogopogo. Has anyone had real success there?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright I'll have to try that. Thanks. Any other info on what to use at Jackpine. Chronimids, leeches etc?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can't believe I am going to say this but Shannon Lake right in Wesbank has bass and perch fishing and you can catch them from shore.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is true, Shannon also now has a "kids only" shore fishing area if that is your gig.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts