BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see we finally have a channel dedicated to us ;) If any one has been watching it please help me out. I saw a preview for a show where this guy gets out of his boat, slips in to his belly boat and proceeds to fish for sturgeon. One of the final shots is this fish about six ft. coming up behing him and doing a tail whip. I think it was the Rex Hunt show or some thing like that. Would definately love to see that episode.
Cheers,
Crazy D

·
Registered
409 Posts
I think I seen a highlight of that episode, I believe it was Babe Winkleman. That would be quite something to be towed around by a 10 footer, yeeeehawwwwww.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Whoa that clip is old. Babe's show has not been on since the late eighties or early ninties. That was one of the first shows I ever saw from him and I was howling watching him fight that monster from his float tube. Hey C/D watch for a show called Fishing the West, this was my all time faverote fishing show. 90 percent of the shows were from Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Alaska and B.C. and all the shows were either about trout, steelhead , salmon or sturgeon fishing, nothing about bass or walleye or any of those other bucketmouth fish those guys down south and back east fish for ;D

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They'll definately have a new viewer. My god you would swear between bass walleye and pike there ane no other fish out there. I always said if someone would put together a show where they featured west coast style fishing it would be a hit. I just get a chuckle out of those good ole boys setting the hook whoa she's a fighter then heaving this pound and a half bass up like its the holy grail. :D
Cheers,
Crazy D

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW by west coast I meant one that works local flows and lakes. The are enough Gary Coopers out there. ;)
Crazy D

·
Registered
30 Posts
What the heck man !!!! Why doesn't shaw carry that channel. I'll have to give 'em a piece of my mind :'( :eek: :mad:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
bill said:
... watch for a show called Fishing the West, this was my all time faverote fishing show. 90 percent of the shows were from Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Alaska and B.C. and all the shows were either about trout, steelhead , salmon or sturgeon fishing...
Hey! I remember fishing the west...great show! Also one of my all time favorites...

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just recently subscribed to Telus TV and have enjoyed a few of the fishing shows on WILD tv Fishing and Hunting Network. I haven't seen a lot of West Coast regional shows on as I don't know their time schedule yet. As far as I can tell though, they do quite a few shows involving trout fishing. I saw one episode of a show the other day, the name escapes me now, and the hosts were flyfishing for trout in the Bow River near Calgary. I'm hoping to see some western shows soon as I'm not a bass show fan either! I don't mind the odd show dedicated to Pike and Muskie or Lakers tho...::) In the meantime you can't go wrong with Mark Pendlington's Sportfishing BC!

Cheers! -Nathan in NW

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Crazy Drifter said:
They'll definately have a new viewer. My god you would swear between bass walleye and pike there ane no other fish out there. I always said if someone would put together a show where they featured west coast style fishing it would be a hit. I just get a chuckle out of those good ole boys setting the hook whoa she's a fighter then heaving this pound and a half bass up like its the holy grail. :D
Cheers,
Crazy D
Check out Sportfishing on the Fly on channnel 12, 8:00 am Sunday. Admittedly, it is dedicated to fly fishing, but it features trout in BC waters (still and flowing) as well as some salmon and Steelhead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts