BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The WFN Presentation to Port Alberni as their Winner of the Ultimate Fishing Town Contest will occur at 11:00 am sharp Thursday 14th of October (next Thursday as in a week from today). This will occur at the Restaurant in Harbor Quay (Clock Tower). We are working on a Pub Crawl at one of the closer Hotels (Arlington) to celebrate immediately afterwards. That now appears to be a GO!! :cheers:

More to come in terms of a proper Victory Celebration, just getting everyone together is proving a tad difficult at this BUSY time of year!

Going to be a Great Show next Thursday! Hope some of You can make it!! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Nog

·
Registered
572 Posts
So if I understand this correctly, it's got nothing to do with how good the fishing is just how many votes they could get?

Bret

·
Retired Administrator
4,446 Posts
So if I understand this correctly, it's got nothing to do with how good the fishing is just how many votes they could get?
Bret
Are you referring to the competition or PA? It has to do with the overall spirit of an angling community not necessarily how many boats tubbed out on any given day. We all know that changes from day to day. Either way, PA deserves the accolades. Sure you can include Ukee, Hadai Gwai and hundreds other West Coast places but the competition was focused on communities with a substantial population year round and had enough visitors to support the cause.

·
Banned
151 Posts
I wish I could have come up but unfortunately got some bad news the other day. Something is wrong with my guts and the doctor has me home from work,and going into the hospital tomorrow for a CT scan on my bowels. I'm one tough S.O.B. so expect me up there sometime soon. :)
oldman.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
That's gonna be a tuff one Noggin.

The abuse that you allow yourself to be put through... ::)
Ha ha......no kidding. :p The things Matt has to endure in the name of fishing truly does give him a "badge of honour" in my books. :p ;)

"Marika....come sit back here by me....you're going to get bounced around and sprayed way up there. Let Uncle Matt protect you and keep you warm back here. Feel free to hang on to me if it makes you feel safer." :eek:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ha ha......no kidding. :p The things Matt has to endure in the name of fishing truly does give him a "badge of honour" in my books. :p ;)
Oh The Horror! :D
No worries, I don't mind takin' one for the team from time to time! ;)

"Marika....come sit back here by me....you're going to get bounced around and sprayed way up there. Let Uncle Matt protect you and keep you warm back here. Feel free to hang on to me if it makes you feel safer." :eek:
LOL! Seems you read right through me Buddy!! :thumbup:

Good write up from WFN: http://www.wfn.tv/news/index.php?blog=411317

Cheers,
Nog

1 - 16 of 16 Posts