BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit the vedder around 10:00......by the time i packed it in at around 4:00 i had released 2 wild around 15 lbs.....two around 12 lbs and one about 8 lbs......lost two more after nice battles and had two more on for a quick head shake and gone.....can't buy a hatchery but no big deal

awesum day

cold fingers ....cold toes....big smile....PRICELESS

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Well, I guess that sure beats the action on the Nic.......doesn't it?....Nice fishing!....Save a few for the fishout......I have heard of some really BIG wild fish.(not 20 plus, but close) coming from the river over the last few days.Chilli/Vedder, that is.............Ortho

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not sure if you want to let me know, but I'm curios because I'm new to the area. Wondering if you were fishing above or below the Vedder crossing, and what were you using for bait, and what pound leader you were running. I'm struggling a bit with the perfect gear, been out three times and only hooked into 2 steelies. Sounds like you had a great day congradulations. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :?:

Tight Lines, Wes Roffey 8)

S

·
0 Posts
Wes,
In my humble opinion, 2 fish in 3 days is pretty damn good. I'd take that average anytime. I'm sure you're doing a lot of things right.

·
Registered
31 Posts
steve said:
Wes,
In my humble opinion, 2 fish in 3 days is pretty damn good. I'd take that average anytime. I'm sure you're doing a lot of things right.
no kidding...

as for nocoho good stuff dude.. sounds like an unbelievable day... any info on the secret bait? :wink: :roll: haha

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks guys I just moved here from Ontario, And I'm not sure what is considered a good day. Back there the rivers are much smaller and catching 10 or more steelhead in a day is not uncommon. I have been using roe bags 90% of the time I have also tried pink worms and some jigs and flies, but I am lacking confidence in the ladder baits. I am looking forward to the river dropping down so I can implement some of my ontario steelheading techniques. Both of my fish hit on pink bags no big secret there. Anyway I am looking forward to battling some more B.C. Steel in the near future, I'll be heading out this week-end again. Hope to meet some of you guys out there. :D

Good Fish'n

Wes Roffey 8)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
two of the fish were on wool....the rest were on roe......from fort apachee to the run above borden creek......stayed away from the crowds and hit a lot of pocket water and fast riffles because the water is getting so low......hit the fish in 3 different runs......it just turned out to be one of those days you get every few years......probably be skunked the next few times out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts