BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
2,854 Posts
saltwater i have no clue but would try out Needlefish patterns and Bucktails. in freshwater i have caught many of my springs and most Coho on Rolled Muddlers. I just tie them bigger for the springs and this year will be tying some big spey sized ones :thumbup: mostly for fun :happy:

· Registered
1,030 Posts
with coho I've caught them on anything from rolled mundlers, to flash flies, to wooly buggers in super small sizes....lots of flash or reely dull work best!

Brought down the hamma on some sprangs with 3/0-4/0 flash flies (christmas trees) and big puple/green marabou flies, lots of flash to em'

· Registered
578 Posts
Coho light up to sparsely tie flies like a Rolled Muddler as opposed to a Muddler Minnow, Christmas Trees, Coho Blue, and two of mine Blue Christmas and Bite Me. Springs light up to bland, dark patterns like Popsicles, Big Black, or my own Flat Black.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
in the cap i would use Egg patterns or try small needlefish patterns because they are so close to the salt. fishing egg patterns under a float can be pretty productive :thumbup: I might even get over there and give it a go with my 5wt :thumbup:

· Registered
334 Posts
I'm surprised to hear that rolled muddlers work in the freshwater as this imitates smaller fish. They aren't really hunting anymore and don't eat much. Not that I know, :-[ I still have yet to wet my flyline in the Vedder or Suicide... :wallbash:
I would have tried a gawdy pink or purple streamer. :-\

· Registered
234 Posts
I've had decent success with many variations of darker leech and bugger patterns. Just get a few variations/colours of each and try them all till you hit something. Different colours/variations will work better under certain conditions.

G

·
Try super small rolled muddlers, mickey finners, and flashabou flies like super small for coho, (sz 5-8) and maybe some wooley buggerds in olive, pink, and purple,they sometime's work. For chinook I use dark purple marabou flies (streamers) go as big as you want because them things are pigs! caught a tonne up north on Pink/Red variations!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.