BC Fishing Reports banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to point out and remind everyone that the daily limit IS the DAILY limit!

This morning on my way out from Ambleside, I ran into a couple guys in a small aluminum boat who were on their way home after limiting out in a couple hours (I know this because they couldn't stop bragging).

I was out only a couple hours doing a sea trial with my new motor... when I got back to Ambleside the same two guys in the same boat were heading back out with an empty cooler and fishing lines ready to "limit out" again.

There are those of us out here who believe that we need to respect our fisheries, and not rape them. These regulations and rules are in place for a reason (even if we occasionally disagree with them).

IMHO, there's not much difference between what these two guys did than the average poacher. Please report all suspicious activity, I DID! the number to call is 1-800-465-4336.

I'd also suggest if you're going to be doing this kind of crap, stop bragging about limiting out, and for gawd's sake take that stupid name off the side of your 12ft aluminum boat (who names a small aluminum boat anyway?)

I'm pretty sure that nothing happened to you guys today, and you may never ever get caught, but karma is a bitch! I pray you're not teaching your kids these antics!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just sad

its just sad. I recently moved to the okanagan from the coast and i've done 2 trips down to fish for socks. I spent a lot of hours in the river and only brought home my limit,after i limited out i sat down and watch people, and i noticed that certain people that were there from the early morning and left an hour or 2 later with their 2 fish, were back fishing and catching and killing more fish to take home.Its obvious that is poaching what they're doing, and calling the RAPP. in my opinion doesnt work, cuz they sell fishing licenses to anyone that can spell their name, i've been pretty lucky not to been stabbed or beaten by some of this people, i have told them and make sure that everyone around there knows too. But what a real piss off is the people that drag the fish as far as they onto the beach just to realize that they dont want to keep the fish.Just in case no one knows a daily sockeye limit is "2" and a total of 4 salmon species per day. Here is an idea, there should be a written test to be able to get your fishing license. peace out..

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wasn't even sure I should "write on" this forum about this. And I'm not sure I should "write on" this forum about this boats name. But I think it's "write on" that people care. Now that I think about it I'm not going to "write on" this forum the name of this boat.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The Sockeyes bring the worst out in people and the worst kind of people. This frenzy never happened when they never opened for rec fishers.
Just saying

·
Registered
270 Posts
I hear you-- Tofinoguy-- (+++but lets not have a few reck it for the rest+++), I to watched a young guy drag a sturgeon up on the beach -----well knowing it was a sturgeon, and from my boat I yelled at him to put it back in the water, not to drag it on the beach, so on & so forth, and the beside him backed me up and when he said some thing the other guy with them walked over and threatened him for saying some thing we just looked at each other hands in the air --------NOT WORTH DYING FOR and yes I hope carma comes back full tilt to bite them right in the ---

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I wasn't even sure I should "write on" this forum about this. And I'm not sure I should "write on" this forum about this boats name. But I think it's "write on" that people care. Now that I think about it I'm not going to "write on" this forum the name of this boat.
"write on" damnfish!

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you want to up your limit.....Superstore or Steveston is the place to go. As low as 12 bucks each at Superstore last week, 20 at Steveston. AND YOU ARENT BREAKING THE LAW.. plus, its a lot cheaper...Its like the VISA commercial....boat $$$$, gas$$$, gear$$$$ but the feeling of playing a salmon from your own boat PRICELESS!!! Real fisherman dont do it for the amount of fish they can hoard. They do it cus they love fishing- its a lifestyle...(I tell that to my wife when she sees my gas bill)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only way I "sold" fishing to my wife was to tell her this, "it's either fishing or golf, they both cost the same and you don't bring home fish after a day of golf".

·
Registered
770 Posts
That white boat "Write On" with the Honda on the back better watch out. Myself and a couple of dozen guides are going to be watching him out there. Are you sure it was the same two guys? Anyways, I can tell you that I don't see that guy catch many fish so it's funny that he's bragging about catching Sockeye when there are millions out there...LOL.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That white boat "Write On" with the Honda on the back better watch out. Myself and a couple of dozen guides are going to be watching him out there. Are you sure it was the same two guys? Anyways, I can tell you that I don't see that guy catch many fish so it's funny that he's bragging about catching Sockeye when there are millions out there...LOL.

100% sure it was the same guys. I see him all the time... From the bell buoy to sandheads...

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Well, I hope everyone here that has been write on in their observations of the details regarding these anglers has taken the time call in those observations. The more calls DFO gets, the more likely that some response will occur. Taking the time to record licence plates of both the trailer and vehicle is a good start. Real time reports while they are on the water would increase the chances they get a visit from the powers that be.

In addition to the number that damnfish posted (1.800.465.4336), you can also call the greater Vancouver area # 604-607-4186.

Personally I would call both numbers...

BCFR would like to remind its members that although the zeal and fervor with which we stand up for our fisheries, the ethics and the regulations, is definitely commendable and garnishes respect, alerting the proper authorities and letting them deal with it legally is the safe and proper course of action. Sometimes a little peer pressure works wonders, but it's nice to see poachers get trounced for their actions legally and in the courts as well. Regardless of what our impression of DFO's management might be.

Pick up those phones people.

This thread has run its course.

:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.