BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we drive on the coquihala alot and I've always wondered what type of fish (if any)are in there.....I've heard about steelys and springs in their but I'm not sure :confused: any info would be appreciated

:cheers:

· Registered
876 Posts
Yes there are steelies and springs in there as well as (i think) every other species of salmon as well. I know there is a pretty big pink salmon run in there on pinks years as well and it seems like a few sockeye when my grandparents and I use to watch them spawn just below the bridge (this was like 4-5 years ago though). Pretty sure it is a bait ban river and fly fishing only but not sure...

· Registered
2,348 Posts
http://www.fishwizard.com/

Familiarize yourself with this site and you will be able to find out what species exist in any waterway BC wide.

The upper Coldwater has resident dollies and bows. Also chinook and the odd steelhead will migrate in seasonally. Very fragile fishery with small fish populations if you go please bring your best C+R game!

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks everyday... I'll have to check the regs to see what the scoop on that baitban is.

maybe I'll head up their for a spot of steelhead fishin once I have

I always do catch and release when it comes to steelhead...the fishery is just to weak

· Registered
1,160 Posts
Closed when steelhead are in 101, those are Thompson fish and that is their spawning grounds, they are 6+ months in fresh at that time , as for Chinook, they are boot ugly spawners and again should be left alone.

A ok trout and dollie stream, and really only good for that.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
I can't see Steelie 101 asking this question Bent Rod, this is another gentleman I believe. I agree with you though leave the spawners alone.

MR Mugs the site has been around for a while, it is a very powerfull tool for stillwater enthusiasts! Enjoy!
Since I am a bit dense I took the tutorial and it helped me out alot :-\

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.