BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Re: what is better , bar fishing on the Fraser river or Chilliwack river or Squa

Squamish is slow-ish, Vedder has lots of white springs and smaller numbers of coho around, fraser will have lots of fish moving through. Barfishing the vedder can be awkward at best this time of year as the river gets busier and busier it will not be a very compatible way of fishing...

If you're going to bar fish you should hit up the fraser....

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Re: what is better , bar fishing on the Fraser river or Chilliwack river or Squa

I would have to say that the Vedder would be your best bet for a chance at a multi fish day right now!

Hotrod

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts

hotrod said:
I would have to say that the Vedder would be your best bet for a chance at a multi fish day right now!

Hotrod
You've been barfishing the vedder lately Hotrod...? :eek: ...and here you told me last year you had a hard time with the vedder and didn't catch many fish in your limited journeys out there...

Drakfero, despite the fact that hotrod probably didn't read the title of your post, he does have a point...if you were to take out the drift gear and fish the vedder right now, your chances are pretty good...

:cheers:

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Hey Drakfero

I took a walk along the Fraser near Albion on my lunch break yesterday and there were a whack of fish moving through. Most were out of range but some were close enough to cast to...........water clarity was really good, probably a great time to bar fish the Fraser if one was so inclined.

Good luck!

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Hey drakfero,

After I replied to the PM you sent me I never heard anything back from you, did you try the spots I suggested? It so I would be interested to know how you made out. These spots will not be crowded......

Were you on the Fraser near Chilliwack or on the Chilliwack River itself when you had this awful experience?

Pat

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi , Pat.. I was not there on the Fraser because of my buddy , he wanted to go to chilliwack.. milion people over there.. I've never seen so many people on this river nor fishing on one river.. here I've seen those guys snagging fish to the back of the fish and they kept the fish.. funny , I did not see any rangers. Now is chinook fishing on Fraser over or is there any chance they will allow it longer? btw I replayed bud i had some network problems that's why you did not get the mail..

· Registered
139 Posts
I went to the vedder on Saturday, parked at the Browne road parking lot, just after first light, there were 7 vehicles not including mine and 3 more arrived as I was changing into my waders, I walked the river from the campground to the train bridge and every hole was packed (probably 75% of the guys out there were flossing)This was between 6:45 and 7 Am!!! I put the gear rod away as I do not care for that shoulder to shoulder $#!% and took out the fly rod. This is ridiculous, its wasn't even October yet and its already that busy. I have never seen it like that, even later in the day. Oh yeah I didn't catch anything either.

· Registered
111 Posts
Hey 318, I feel your frustration. I was there Monday and Tuesday, fished mid river first day and the following day tried the lower end. On Monday at 6:05, there were 7 cars at Wilson rd and by 8:30 I counted exactly 17 cars. It is difficult to avoid the temptation of spending the first light at one of the popular pools where right now there seem to be more fish than water, but trying to get a fish to bite under such extreme fishing pressure is a total mission impossible. Of course, there is that added frustration of watching the "bottom bouncing with floats" crew do their work, which is just plain disgusting.

· Registered
374 Posts
Wow, speaking of crowds...one look at the Vedder last Sunday, we just high-tailed out of there and fished Silver Lake in Hope. :thumbup:

I always say, "I'd rather catch a 10 inch trout by myself, surrounded by mountains, in a crystal clear stream, rather than catching a 50 pound salmon, shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of snaggers and flossers." :wallbash: Not very pleasant.

But hey, don't get me wrong...that 50 pound salmon would be nice, eh? :beerchug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.