BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s a strange, newbie question, please be gentle!
What is a reasonable sized fishing boat that I could also do some cursing in? Trips from Vancouver to Victoria, sight seeing, there would be two people on the boat might want to spend the weekend. Could this be done for 20-40k?
Cheers
Rick

·
Registered
423 Posts
depending on what you want you can easily find an overnighter in fiberglass, for that price range if you look diligently, we can help you if you ever need an inspection., as for aluminum you will have to up the cost. depending on what you are looking at I would say on the nice days a 19 fter is great but on the nasty days you would be better off 21-22 ft.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok...couldnt resist :-X ... I think you can curse in any size boat - in fact I bet you are doing it right now and aren't even in a boat... ;)

·
Registered
513 Posts
;D ;D ;D
lol

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Hi Rick,

You may want to take a look at some of the local boat brokers to get an idea of what prices are like out here. Not sure if you could get a copy of the boat trader or even Pacific Yachting sent out to you as they will give you an idea.

Personally I have crossed the gulf many a time in a 19 footer, but I wouldn't want to "weekend" on it. I think if you wanted something to do some overnight and longer trips you may want to move up to something around 24-26 feet minimum. Once you start exploring the waters out here you will be hooked on how beautiful it is and how many areas there are to cruise to.

One of the big things you want to look at when you are looking at your budget or looking at boats is the hull construction. Although the waters out here are beautiful..........they are also full of wood that break off from log booms etc. You have to keep your eyes open when cruising but a bit of piece of mind in having a good hull construction will certainly help.

Maybe some members can post up some boat dealers/brokers web sites.....there are a lot of them out here and over on the island.

Here is one........

http://thunderbirdmarine.com/

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts