BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 reels i found what would you recommend for ultra light fishing trout?
Daiwa crossfire i 2500 35$
shimano spirex1000 fg 45$
shimano sienna 2500 fbv25$
What reel should i get?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Well this is a subject I'm pretty good at as I have a bit of a fetish for small spinning reels. I must have bought a dozen of them in the last few years.
I have both the Shimano models on your list and the sienna is a better bet as I like the instant anti reverse which the spirex doesn't have due to the lever cast. I'm also not the biggest fan of rear drag models. I can't speak to the Daiwa model though and you said you have a list of 4 reels yet I only see 3.
For my money my favorite spinning reels are made by Pflueger and looking at your price ranges the Trion is an awesome little reel for the money. If you don't mind spending up a little bit then look at the President, Purist or Arbor models. My other favorite little spinning reel is an Abu Garcia Cardinal that I bought out of a clearance bin and don't know what the actual retail price was.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive searched what you have told me.Do you know if the Shimano SE500FD Sedona FD would be a good buy because i dont want to spend to much money on my fishing gear.i mentioned 4 because i found 2 crossfires.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Haven't tried the Sedona but Shimano makes good stuff all round. I still like my Pfluegers though but that's personal preference.

I just priced checked the Sedona and for the money I would go with Pflueger President.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There are some good deals at canadian tire this weekend. Since you are only using it for light trout fishing, i don't think you need anything crazy. They have some quantum for 29.99.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought a shimano sienna 4000 for my grandson acouple of years ago and it is a great reel for the money... 4 bearing and smooth. It has also held up well against some big chum in the river.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hendy do you know where i can get my hands on one around I just don`t want to pay shipping.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Just bought another one. I took clients on a factory tour for the company I work for down in Renton Washington and we stopped at Cabellas on the way home. I was looking at reels and they had the smaller 5430 Pflueger Arbor on sale so I jumped on it. The display model was the last one they had to boot so I got another 5% off of that. I used it the other day and it is a great little reel. Short deep spool on it so the line comes off in larger coils which is supposed to help prevent line twist.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm gonna agree with Hendy. I have a few Pflueger Trions, and they've been excellent for me. I'm probably gonna pickup a President model soon. In terms of bang for the buck, I think they're great reels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm gonna agree with Hendy. I have a few Pflueger Trions, and they've been excellent for me. I'm probably gonna pickup a President model soon. In terms of bang for the buck, I think they're great reels.
This.......
or spend a few more bucks and get the Pfluger arbor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts