BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
265 Posts
I have the little chief, big chief and the Bradly. For smoking the chief work just as good as the Bradly in the warmer weather but when smoking below 10 degrees the Bradly is much better. Also the Bradly you can load up the wood pucks and walk away where the chiefs you need to hang around and change out pots. I use to have to wait around on a weekend morning for 5 hours while smoking before heading out. The Bradly you can smoke anytime. It is more about judging when you think it will be done as you do not want to smoke all night and over do it. For cooler weather though you can wrap the sides of the big chief with card board which helps a lot. Make sure you leave the top open for moisture to escape.

Cheers, Rob

· Registered
691 Posts
Marsman said:
I have the little chief, big chief and the Bradly. For smoking the chief work just as good as the Bradly in the warmer weather but when smoking below 10 degrees the Bradly is much better. Also the Bradly you can load up the wood pucks and walk away where the chiefs you need to hang around and change out pots. I use to have to wait around on a weekend morning for 5 hours while smoking before heading out. The Bradly you can smoke anytime. It is more about judging when you think it will be done as you do not want to smoke all night and over do it. For cooler weather though you can wrap the sides of the big chief with card board which helps a lot. Make sure you leave the top open for moisture to escape.

Cheers, Rob
never knew that about the Bradly smoker...i know what you mean about changing the pots with the others can be a pain in the butt at times but good way to do things around the house and smoke at the same time that way eveyones happy

· Registered
883 Posts
The Little chief or Big chief are just fine. Great value for the buck... :cheers: sage and you save some extra cash that you can use towards the next fishing outing that you go on. Compared to buying a Bradly smoker. But if you want to cold smoke you fish the Bradly is the way to go... :2cents:

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Our neighbour just bought a Centro Electric Digital Smoker at canadian tire for $149.99 (Last day of the sale today) Regular $249.99. Anyways I am not sure about salmon but they made ribs and had us over for dinner - they were awesome!!!! One thing he was complaining about though was cleaning it???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.