BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was checking to see if ya can fish above the fish hatchery on the cap. whats up there? ive never been farther up. can you actualy go up there or no? & what about that spot below the iron workers bridge ( is that what its called?) the one opposite the lions gate bridge.. there are train tracks & a bit of a path is that seymore river? & is that a good spot this time of year?
thanks . i need advice for tomorrow/sun 26th

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought soo but wasnt sure.. it just looks very tempting. when i was there yesterday i was just staring at it thinkin HMMM i wonder. But was never really sure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the fish regs are posted on a few places near the cable bridge , where you cant fish is where you see all the spent line and all the garbage from the poachers

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OOOOO ic . well i'll look for that. i was hopin there was some small spot way up above the hatch that i could hide in, But good to know i'll have to look around & see what i can find
thanks

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
There is actually an upper capilano river, supposedly, remnants of the old river before the dam...there's even a very small town buired under the waters of that lake....but alas now we only have about 5 kms to work with....The Seymour on the other hand, which you pointed out by the iron workers memorial, has about 10 kms of fishable water, just leave yourself enough time to hike out so that you're not feeling your way around in the dark....
rib

·
Registered
83 Posts
You can not fish above the bridge that is above the cable pool, at all.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ribwart said:
There is actually an upper capilano river, supposedly, remnants of the old river before the dam...there's even a very small town buired under the waters of that lake....but alas now we only have about 5 kms to work with....The Seymour on the other hand, which you pointed out by the iron workers memorial, has about 10 kms of fishable water, just leave yourself enough time to hike out so that you're not feeling your way around in the dark....
rib
so do you hike from where the train bridge starts or do you have to go further up the road & go in from somewhere up there? i would like to check out that spot . Are there anything running there this time of year??
thanks for the advice on the cap guys. it was a big help.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im hopin someone knows

im hopin someone on here will be able to tell me if i can or not. It looks a bit rocky & ruff. But ive heard of somewhere along there ya can go. Anyone Anoyone??? lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
schlock up to what i know is that you cannot fish above the train bridge (mouth of cap) to the mainstreet bridge, cus of the native reserve.. you can fish anywhere from there to the wooden bridge above the cable pool. However you can NOT fish above that bridge... thats my understanding... plus why you even want to go higher up when theres good runs below.. this time of the year the only thing in there worth catching is steel...

·
Registered
131 Posts
It is my understanding that the native reserve ie. ( The Land ) belongs to the natives, not the river.
I believe that the Act governing B.C. waterways allows any person access to the river including so many feet on either bank.

The Problem is that if you are alone you may have to explain that to a group of agressive Natives :roll:
Who more than likely do not respect those regulations.

That said schlock I would hazard an educated guess that there isn't mutch worth the trouble in the lower area anyhow at this time of year.
You may have better luck in the upper river for trout, and the odd Steelie.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys

Hey thanks alot.. I was just wondering what was up there. But good to know, cause that last thing i want is some crazy Native chasin me cause i put my poll in his land... (ive been nail'd by one in ontario for fishin on native land. they nearly lost it & well i had had a few that mornin & was ready for a fight.. it was bad. if ya ever wanna hear the Details, just PM me... lets just say the natives dont like me very much..( all i really remember was screamin MY LAND... MY ASS.....lol & it got kinda blurry from there on.. i can save the juicy details for the PM'S im sure to recieve... lol...Well im glad to know i wont waist my time venturing out of bounds. Im Just always curious to find that perfect little hole & say HA I KNEW IT... But that never seems to happen to me.. most times i think wow now heres a spot. then BLAM 60 guys standin down river... :? .... well what can ya doo....lol
thanks again guys

·
Registered
225 Posts
ya schock, the fishing on the cap starts from the Marine dr. bridge and upriver to the wooden bridge below the hatchery. The next thing to run up the river are jack coho in late May / June. There's a lull from then until mid late september then come the Coho followed in late Oct, early Nov by the gear wrecking springs. The Natives do a great BBQ as part of the Coho/ Salmon festival in early [email protected] Ambleside park. If you've got issues w/ the Natives, their fishing rights and the methods by which they fish, DO NOT go to the mouth of the Cap. You will see all manner of fishing methods both "legal" (weirs) and "illegal" (treble hook snagging) going on. Every year when the Salmon start to run all hell breaks loose on this board and the Sin bin starts to overflow. welcome to BC. enjoy the Gong show.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ive been there done that

Hey i actualy saw that last summer when i first start'd to fish here a buddy took me down to the area. & OOOOOH MY GOD!! ive never seen such abuse to fish in my life.. wow, they were rippin them out by the tail & every where the hook would sink, (hooks the size of anchors)Man ooh man was i freakin then but my buddy said its natural thats how they fish. But it was just these young kids mabey 12 at the oldest & these kids were so crazy it scared me a bit. there were hundreds of fish in the stream you could see them clear as day & we were sitting on the otherside with the other fishermen & all we could do was stare. it just shocked me.. Its like geez where's P.E.T.A when ya need em..lol.

·
Registered
131 Posts
AH gotta just love them traditional fishing methods :roll:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey Guys

All the land and the river belong to the natives below the bridge on marine. This is one of the only places were they have the rights to the river and river bed aswell. The capilano river was diverted to the east when Park Royal mall was built thus moving the river onto existing native land.

So unfortinatly anything goes on that section of the river, and you would be horrified by some of the meathods that are used to catch fish down there.

Centerpin 8)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OOH i can imagine

wow thats nuts i tell ya

1 - 20 of 64 Posts