BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i put this here because this is a topic that is for the people here that contribute the most.

what is with these new people that are straight out attacking members here? I myself had one pm me saying he saw me fishing from across the river and called me a snagger even though i was catching nothing while everyone else was.

I dont know about the rest of you but its getting like we need a babysitter around here because the mods just cant keep up with it all, there is just too much. I mean would you appreciate having someone say that to you when you short float or fly fish only?

he also called everyone else i have ever fished with snaggers as we all stick together ya know :-\ well actually he basically made it sound like all of us here are snaggers/flossers and that we post pictures of our snagged fish proud of how we caught it. he did name one member as a good rod which i wont name here but i have personnally fished with him numerous times.

its just starting to get very tiring reading most posts/comments and i understand why alot of people dont post pictures especially as you wouldnt want to have someone rag on you for getting a nice fish. Im sure there is more of you here that feel this way also.

very disheartened

HOOK

P.S. i love this site however im not sure how much i can take before i stop participating

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hook I feel you man. Same thing happened to me not so long ago. Don't know what to say, except that if you stop participating, then their tactics, which really only amounts to nothing, have won. Just keep doing what you are doing, try to ingnore it which is tough sometimes. I am not able to ignore it all the time, but still working on it. There will always be people out there that have to do this for whatever reason. I think the Mods have done the best job they can considering the amount of slagging that has been going on. Don't let it get to you to much. :thumbup:

·
Registered
954 Posts
I think it is just a bunch of sh%t disturbing trolls who get their jollies seeing how many people they can irk. Remember, don't answer them and they go away because they're not getting any attention.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Report such pm's to the mods, insert direct quotes if you can, let us know. It helps immensely if you guys point out these kind of things as they are happening....

Rick, you wanna add anything to that...?

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not really that it gets me down it jsut chaps my a** that people feel obligated to say sh** over the computer but dont have the bones to do it in person. if i see someone doing something that i really dont like then i say something to them. i have even shoved people in the river (not deep) or kicked them for kicking fish. I mean im not a big guy but i act like one for the most part LOL

its just starting to be more Bitter/Sweet then anything around here dont you agree?

oh and i forgot the part where he called everyone that fishes a spey rod snags a good 95% of their fish. still dont see how thats possible with a 4' leader unless your using a type12 tip in 5feet of water LOL i know my heaviest tip is a type8 even on my single hander.

HOOK

P.S. Rib i would have sent it to one if not all the mods however i deleted it as i didnt want to end up reading it twice.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Like I said, report such pm's to the mods. Some members who specifically want to cause trouble do so in various places to avoid being obvious. They may have pushed things already on the site, or with other members. By letting us know what you witness as a long time member of the site you allow us more information with which to help us keep the standards of BCFR as high as they've always been. Lately we have been working to resolve this very thing and all input is appreciated.

:cheers:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
ribwart said:
Report such pm's to the mods, insert direct quotes if you can, let us know. It helps immensely if you guys point out these kind of things as they are happening....

Rick, you wanna add anything to that...?
You said it all, report and suspect posters and we will take care of it!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
In the last couple of days, there has been quite a rash of these problems under at least 5 different names, but all coming from the same IP address. They have been dealt with(and will continue to be.) When you see this kind of behaviour, shoot off a PM. The faster this element gets dealt with, the less likely he is to try again.

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
mods just cant keep up with it all,
Of course they can't, they're out fishing like we all should be doing! :beerchug:

There has been a lot of new members lately and a lot will go as salmon season dies. The ones that remain will most likely be keepers I suspect so it would be worthwhile "bringing them along."

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Don't let any of that crap get to you. Nobody knows what they're talking about unless they personally know you, which 99% of the people on this board do not. Just words spat out by people behind a computer screen. Perfect example, these guys are just here to make you angry.

HOOK said:
what is with these new people that are straight out attacking members here? I myself had one pm me saying he saw me fishing from across the river and called me a snagger even though i was catching nothing while everyone else was.
Guy sees you fishing, and waits til the internet can protect him. Don't worry about it, move on and fish.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I know what you are talking about Hook, though I have not recieved any PMs from any members that are like that I have noticed the general onslaught of mindles meat jockies on the site. Best we can do is report anything to the mods and let them take the apropriate actions. As for your guy calling you a snagger, I would lay down money that he was fishing with a 3 oz betty, 6ft of leader and the all powerfull "green wool" lure ;)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think there are guys on here that just like to stir it up! Like those guys the other day that got the boot - pronto! (The mods did a great job there!) Probably just young kids! As long as YOU know you are not a snagger - who cares - tell them where to go and keep on fishin ;) :beerchug: But definitely do not let someone like that deter you from posting

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well I couldn't agree with you all more. what we have to understand is look at the forum say last year this time, there were maybe thirty or fourty of us who were consistantly on posting and you got to know the attitudes of the people you were chatting to, though I have'nt gotten to meet many of you, which I'm planning on changing yet this year. This year it has exploded, there are constantly new faces popping up, and for the most part many are like minded, ethical sports fishers. If you open the barn doors the shit will eventually flow in. I shared your sediments Hook on this, but why let a few idiots destroy something I have enjoyed being part of for the last few years was my thought.. To the MODS hats off to you, you've been busy and have been doing a hell of a job keeping the forum a quality forum to belong to. :beerchug:
Cheers,
Crazy D

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well to be specific i started this thread because he called all of us snaggers except for one fisherman which i wont name even though we all know him here ;D and yes he is a great rod, which i have fished with. that is why i let it bother me guys and then stating that spey fisherman snag 95% of all fish caught! come on we all know thats wrong or ethical guys like Rick wouldnt fish that way im sure of and myself only just picking up a spey rod this year can tell you i only caught a few pinks on it and none were flossed as i would have gotten way more then. and i know im not a snagger or i would have had so many tail hooked chum that day it would have chapped my a**

tight lines

HOOK

P.S. reelangler i know a good percentage of the guys on here so your 99% is a little off LOL :beerchug: LOL

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
HOOK said:
that is why i let it bother me guys and then stating that spey fisherman snag 95% of all fish caught! come on we all know thats wrong or ethical guys like Rick wouldnt fish that way im sure of and myself only just picking up a spey rod this year can tell you i only caught a few pinks on it and none were flossed as i would have gotten way more then. and i know im not a snagger or i would have had so many tail hooked chum that day it would have chapped my a**
You just said it there yourself. You know that what people say isn't the truth, so don't let it "chap your a$$" lol.

HOOK said:
P.S. reelangler i know a good percentage of the guys on here so your 99% is a little off LOL :beerchug: LOL
I don't know man, take a look at all the usernames when you look in the members section. I know most are gone but just an example, and deliberate exaggeration. Anyways my point was most of the guys calling people snaggers don't know the people. It's just a term used to pi$$ you off, so don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I noticed that it all started when that "sharp hooks " link was posted here. I thinl alot of those guys were just kids messing around. I saw that a few of them participating in the BS, post over here regularily. It was quite obvious they were just here to cause trouble. As well I've noticed a few veteren members stirring the pot unethically too. We should treat everyone over here with the gentleman like conduct that we take to the river. I mean that whole B-day thread was a load of manuer and I felt for CK. Over the line by a few members. OK so that one got to me a little but usually try to be somewhat diplomatic but am always ready to go to bat for guys who I feel are wrongly treated. Of course in a good way.

Mods keep up the good work! I know it's hard.

Hotrod

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.