BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what would be good for tackle on vedder. I tried a bit of red wool, a floater, a little bit of weights, and a barbless hook. At least i'm out there trying.Is there any other ladies out on the vedder that fish?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
went back down to river today and it seems so quiet. made sure my float was straight up so i knew i had enough weight. well i'll just keep trying. what for bait? worms?

·
Banned
279 Posts
The setup in your first post is what alot of people use. Make sure the the weight is close to the bottom but not dragging the bottom. For bait other than wool alot of people use prawns and roe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
vedder

Right now I would fish dark red wool or roe sacks. Enough weight so you feel it hitting the rocks. And I like about a 20" leader so it stays close to the bottom.

I don't think there are a lot of springs in the river yet. The best way to tell is "fishermen" When the fish are there so are the crowds.

Which area are you fishing? I find springs like to rest in the quiet pools before moving on.

·
Banned
187 Posts
DOnt let you weight hit bottom, you will get snagged to much and be called a "flosser" all you need is to be with in 1 foot to 3 feet of the bottom with roe, or roe bags or red/oarange wool mix, make it look like roe the best u can. In the upper river if your hittin bottom then you will get snagged up. Spring have to be one of the most agressive fish in the river, thy will moce to get your offering. unlike other species were you have to get it 10 inches from there face.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a lot for some pointers. i plan on catching a few at least. i'm usually fishing off lickman or the railway bridge.i once in a while go to the canal but want to leave the smolts alone.iplan on getting a steelhead license this year. gotta make it worth my while.

·
Registered
28 Posts
my wife is also a "fisher person". She has learned lots in the last few years. One of her friends also fishes the river. Many women sit on the sides and watch the men.. just budge your way right in there.. dont be shy.
Fishing is a great thing for everyone... you'll see more and more women getting into the sport soon.
You should really try fishing the Fraser later on for sockeye.. you'll love it.

good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i actually do enjoy fishing the fraser.last year i was fishing down by the agassiz rosedale bridge. I also love going on the boat with my brother in law on the howe sound. I definately love fishing. i'm actually catching on to the water speed and do notice there is not much action just yet.oh well. i won't be giving up. hell no.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts