BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll offer up one of my Salmon / Steelhead boxes to start.

Some Glow Bugs, Christmas Trees, Pink Ladies, Clouser Minnows, Rolled Muddlers, Wooley Buggers, Intruders a Squamish Poacher and a couple of I forgot the names of.

I've shown you one of mine let's see yours!!! :thumbup:

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll wait.
I thought that this would be a way of seeing what flies work therefore they are kept in the box.
Since getting a drift rod setup I haven't been fly fishing much.
I've had my 8wt since about '90 and am now just trying to get back to it.
I've always tied flies, mostly for trout, that my brothers in laws relieve me of.
Salmon / Steelhead flies are much more interesting to tie though. :cheers:

· Registered
1,165 Posts
No pics yet but this is what is in my fly box for coho.

Wooly buggers in olive green, brown and black in sizes 6,8 and 10
Micky fins in size 8 and 10
Fire crackers
Rolled muddlers in olive green and blue
Glow bugs in various colours
Little green meanies
christmas trees in size 6,8 and 10
small clouser minnows in blue and white as well as red and white.

I will try to take pics later.

· Registered
1,386 Posts
I am jealous! I have only been chucking flies since this pink season and am hooked. I have actually had better luck on the fly for coho than my CP! My fly box looks so dismal in comparison with the ones posted so far, and I am sure with many others! Maybe someone wants to donate some flies ;)

· Registered
1,437 Posts
HMMMMMMM ....... now why didn't I think of that Marko? Actually I don't get to toss as much anymore ...... gotta finish making my million+ before I retire. :thumbup:

Maybe I'll name myself GOFLYFISH in my next life though ...... :cheers:

GOFISH 8)

· Registered
1,484 Posts
My 9 year old son has more flies than I do, since he won a stocked fly box at the fish & game show last year in Comox...I may have to pilfer a few of them :thumbup:

Has anyone purchased flies from (gasp) ebay? Being a beginner I thought it would be a good place. I received 12 Glo bugs (3 sizes) and 12 others (in 4 sizes) for $7.00 incl shipping from Calgary. They appear to be well tied...only time will tell I guess.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
look at the advertisement on here about 39 cent flies :thumbup: if i remember right the guy that sells these is on the island so shipping would be very cheap and from looking through the flies he has they look well tied.

· Registered
1,484 Posts
HOOK said:
look at the advertisement on here about 39 cent flies :thumbup: if i remember right the guy that sells these is on the island so shipping would be very cheap and from looking through the flies he has they look well tied.
I've seen the website before but unfortunately, there are no names to the flys, only numbers. Also, from what I've seen there is no place to specify which size you want.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.