BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I saw a similar topic in the saltwater section so here we go!

Whats your best day for the many species of fish living in BC waters!

Heres mine:

Coho: 5 in 30 mins is probably the fastest, and one year I caught around 10 in a good day on the chehalis!

Chinook: 9 in 1 1/2 hours on the fraser! August 31st 2006! best day was hooking around 10 on the harrison fly fishing for chum...I lost them all as I wanted none of this on my 8wt....too big!

Chum: oh....probably 25 or so one day on the harrison fly fishing for them...I was avg 5 every 25-30mins....

Sockeye: Since I consider this a meat fishery....and just getting out there nailing our fish and going home...I would say I successfully hooked and handed off 16 after my 2 I bonked.... :-\

Pinks: 104 pinks for me in 1 day!

Cutthroat trout: 7 in one day is all I can remember....I do too much dicking around!

Bull Trout: I only ever came across one of these

Dolly: 2 in one day...I just caught them by fluke...

Steelhead: 1 in one day is my record and 1 lost in that day ;D I'm a noob who has it figured ok...batting 1000 though haha

Bows: around 3-4 in one day, caught by fluke too....

Sturgeon: Most trips I do are only 4 hours long....when you live on the river...there is no need to stay out there fishing one thing too long! I managed 9 to the boat in 4 hours once....the fastest is casting out the good specialized bait and saying to the people I was teaching...hold on to the rods...sure enough WAMMOH! yee ha!

Bass: 20 of these in 2 hours while fishing a knee deep narrow river in ontario :drunk:

Carp: 3 in 20 mins fishing the slough by my house! little suckers like 6-8 inches long haha

Sqauw fish: had a little derby with a bunch of 8-12 yr olds this past summer...all I can say is they got owned...I managed almost 100 of these suckers in 2 hours :happy: I was like 10 to their 1 LOL

well I think thats all I can think of for now.....lots of other little only caught 1 by fluke fish...but thats all!

Mike <"))))))))><

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
My best is 27 stellhead in one day! ( stamp )

30 springs in one morning! ( capilano )

Those are th most memorable for me . There are many more grat days of fishng for me. I've had some grat days with coho's too from differant rivers. My most memorable coho was a 20 lb'er and a absolute bar of chrome that used to be in my gallery before the great crash!

So many other days too little time!

Hotrod

·
Registered
419 Posts
My best days are as follows
steelhead- 2 landed 3 lost
coho-15 in 4 hours in my favorite little creek
sturgeon-22 to the boat 4 or 5, 5'-9' and about 18 1' to 3'
bows-about 30-40 in 3-4 hours. A fish for every cast on my special roe cure and my homegrown dews.
chum-too many to count
springs-6 in 4 hrs spoon fishing the creek mouths at freshet
pinks-don't count them just catch them
bass-5-6 in a couple of hours still perfecting my techniques
crappies-tons on tiny little green jigheads with a contrasting green rubber softbait

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
seeing as we are having some fun I'll add some that i remember

Steelhead 13 in one day all in the same spot last year (Vedder)

Coho probably about 60 or so sure was a good day (Chehalis)

remember that year the sockeye stayed open till Labor day weekend and the pinks were in the water ??? i couldnt catch a sockeye for the life of me but hit somewhere around like 300 or so pinks :'( :'( (Fraser)

Springs too many to count and took a 60 plus that day also hit one that guys guesstimated around 90lbs :eek: (Vedder)

Springs 5-6 in the fraser one day all over 30lbs

Chum --honestly who counts these things I mean they can be awesome fun till theres too many rotting ones around then their just annoying biting all the time :(
(probably 30-40 in a day easy)

Sockeye--well i had the hot hand at Bowmans this year so I didnt count but we were all limited out within an hour and we were a large group by my standards (once limited we left right away.we didnt stay to hook more for fun either)

Rainbows--- lots i dont keep count but high numbers when you find that right fly its just insane ;D ;D ;D

i have only caught a few dollies casting spoons at the Vedder during flood waters a few years back

and caught a couple Cutthroat in a local lake right at dusk on a spoon

i think thats all my brain can drag out boys

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
247 Posts
best day eh! well any day fishing is a good day!! :thumbup:
here goes
dolly--- probably at least 100 in daisy lake in 1982. had my 4 yr old neice with me and when she caught her first fish she looked at her rod and said "well this one has caught one, i need a new one" and threw the rod overboard. tried dragging the bottom for a while but never did get it back.

chum---so many my arms are still sore LOL.

pinks---tons with those sore arms

coho---maybe twenty or so. always seem to get out fished by hook when doing coho

steelies---elusive things aren't they, but i have had a 5 and 4 fish day.(4 fish day was the nov.fishout)

springs---a 15 fish day on the fraser bar fishing

trout---like hook said, find the right fly and hang on.lots of 60 to 100 fish days. had some nights of 20-30 at green timbers.

sockeye--- well last year at peg leg once i got to my spot i did 27 casts with each one resulting in a fish to the beach, my 2, hooks 2, and a line up people to bring in the rest for their 2.i was IN THE ZONE
never tried for bass pike walleye or grayling yet. need to do a sturgy day also.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I quit fishing at 2 pm too! Too tired from all those steelies! Put twenty years into my business and is paying off now all the way to any river I can get too!

Holy crap 26 sturg in a day! That's nuts. You must have been exhausted!

Hotrod

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wow :happy: Those are some impressive days!. Here's a few of mine.

Steelies- 2
coho- 6
Rainbow,- somewhere around 20
Cutthroat- 20+ at a local lake
Dollies- 2
Bass- 5+
Crappie- 21
Squafish- Hee Hee Heee, I dont know lots and lots.
Kokanee- 10ish

Thats all I can really come up with, I have caught lots of other species, but not in any huge numbers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My best day was up in the Cariboo I had botched a couple hook ups with big bars of Steelie chrome then I had the pleasure of coaching the 12 year old boy that was with us on the trip and watch the ear to ear grin when he sucsessfuly landed about a 20lb. wild Steelhead his first ever.
I bet he still grins when he looks at that photo hanging on his wall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.