BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
My biggest ever was probably only around 5lbs, that is probably because I was using the wrong stuff at the end of my line!

What kind of chicken is the best for NPM's were you using fried or baked? Do they preffer it raw or cooked? Also white or brown meat?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Pat

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used to catch them by the dam in Penticton, on the lake. As a kid I loved it. Bobber fishing the river I would hook up almost every cast. I used everything from wiener to velveeta. Hooked lots of 5-10 pounders in the slow sections of that little river. Easy fishing and bait out of the kitchen garbage, perfection for a kid. :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
bigest one i have seen was about 10lbs and caught by my sister with a worm. but as a kid i used to catch lots probably up to 5lbs within the first few feet of shore in the fraser :thumbup: good fun when the bells not ringing.

what bridge are you reffering to?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have had one 6-8 lbs hit my 2-0 water melon spinning glow a few years ago on mountain bar! Right though the nose! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I got several footballs last year, around 30 inches, and they looked like yellow footballs, I figure about 8-10lbs each.....looked like yellow sockeye lol just fatter! :thumbup: I was using some ronchy roe and salmon parts....our best day was about 200 to the back of the boat in 4 hours hahaha ranging from 3-25 inches lol, all on fish guts....they reely love it when u use the heart when its still beating! the action drives em nuts lol....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ha pat
i was fishing under the floating bridge in kelowna i find the bigger ones come out to play at night lol
thats great to see that people actually like to catch them from what i here in kelowna people through them on shore because they think they are a pest
i think its a good way to get the kids into fishing because there easy to catch and will bite again if you miss it
my 4 year old son loves to fish for them now lol!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry i should have put northern pike minnow when i moved here from ontario that was what the native guy told me they were
pat i used raw white and dark meat with the skin to hold it better can get more then 1 fish on the same bait that way

·
Registered
875 Posts
Cultus lake has quite a few around the docks, or use to, try coming out for the family fishing weekend on Saturday at Cultus lake. These novice fishermen wont even need a licence this weekend, and entrance to the derby is $5 I think. The fraser also has quit of few in the back eddy's and shallow water. You can catch them on anything from spoons/spinner to hotdogs or worms. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.