BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steelie Trav is running the photo&fishing contest for the benefit of the members of this site...He is working to get some nice prizes, as am I. You have the guidelines and even if you do not post a digital, I have given you the info on my written post on how to solicit $$ and/or prizes from the people surrounding you at work or home as well as from the Mamquam, (with input from 'Finder) as to what you can do for an entry. There is no entry fee. It is just a method of sharing your fishing experiences with others on this board. My question is...

WHAT IS YOUR EXCUSE FOR NOT GETTING INVOLVED?

Everybody wants to know how to catch fish?
Everybody wants to know where to catch fish!
Everybody wants a secret spot!
Everybody wants something!
Who is prepared to GIVE for a change??

Submit some entries and help get some nice prizes for the winners, otherwise I will have nothing to judge and I will put the same amt of $$$ sent to the Fishout towards a good bottle of scotch and happily share it , along with a nice meal with all those that support Steelie Trav & his efforts.

Ortho :mad:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I've decided to donate a book of mine, it's called:

"The Color Guide to Steelhead Drift Fishing", By Bill Herzog.

It has a lot of great info and pictures for steelheaders, and although it focuses mainly on some of the techniques used south of the border, it's all very pertinent to how we fish up here as well. The theories are sound.

Hope some deserving contest entrant enjoys it...

rib

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
OK boys and girls, the first round of the contest will be closed as of September 1st. Thank you to all who have donated prizes for the contest. You know who you are ;) However, we are still in need of more prizes. This contest is running for 4 months and I want to be sure we have the grand prizes worth giving out! I know I am starting to sounds like a broken record but all it takes is to mention it to your local tackle shop and with a little bit of free advertising they are usually willing to donate something!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
OK TRAV,

Here you go ...... maybe a grand prize ....... maybe not.

I donate a Fenwick HMX model: HMXT 110 MH Rod. This rod is new and has never been out of the bag. It is M.H. rating 12 - 25 lb and is constructed of Cross Scrim Graphite.

Not the best or most expensive rod on the market ...... but pretty good quality just the same. Has lots of backbone for those stubborn big ones.

I can either meet up with you on the river sometime, drop it off to you (don't know where you live), or send/present it to the winner when you decide to put it up. Let me know what works for you.

GOFISH 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.