BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Can't go wrong with a leech buddy. :thumbup: Whenever I'm fishing a new body of water, I tend to start with one. Unless of course I see a large amount of insects coming of the water at the boat launch. As far as colour goes... depends on the lake, but always have a good selection of black, maroon, and olive in sizes 12 through 6. You can always catch a few fish on a leech in any lake on any given day. ;) My :2cents:

Tight Lines, Nates

·
Registered
141 Posts
Couldn't agree more! Always start off with a leech, usually a black one. And to be honest I usually stay with it. My buddy has been using the same little marroon leech, all battered and frayed, but it works! That's probably my most used go-to fly. But after this year, it may be something in an olive color, maybe a dragon fly nymph. This is all while trolling of course!

·
Registered
694 Posts
This is the one I use, right here in my fly box........................ ;D

I don't think it has a name, at least not that it's told me yet.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Micro-leech, maroon is usually my first choice, with a gold bead head. Never seems to fail me.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
i usually ask the guy catching all the fish :happy: :happy: oh wait thats me :cheers: it all depends on the time of year but th local fly shop always points me towards what flies have been working LOL :peace:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
It all depends on what hatches are active, above and under the waters surface, and along the shorelines. Some trips it can be a different fly every time to start off a day. If nothing seems to be working, I find if you keep moving (not trolling ::) ;)) and keep switching up your offerings you will eventually hit fish. Also by knowing some basic entimology time tables of an area, should give you an idea what fly to use durring those low activity times on the waters surface.

Finder ;)

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
thats the stuff im talking about FF I need to learn more about entomology LOL I have learned things about fish feeding that helps me alot on how they react to tell what they are feeding on

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
King Fisher said:
Just wondering what your go to fly is when still water fishing? (When you dont know what to use or nothing is really working) :beerchug:

King Fisher
No fair! What's yours Kingfisher. Give and you get! :peace:

·
Registered
224 Posts
When going to a new lake I will always start off trolling and learning the lake. Finding all the good spots. I use two rods. One will have a gold bead headed red & black micro leech, and the other will either be a shrimp pattern ( for any lakes full of shrimp ) or a red carey if not.

Once I find the spots I want to fish I will match the hatch and fish my indicator on one line and cast and retrieve another.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
professori said:
King Fisher said:
Just wondering what your go to fly is when still water fishing? (When you dont know what to use or nothing is really working) :beerchug:

King Fisher
No fair! What's yours Kingfisher. Give and you get! :peace:

Yeah thats right I forgot to post mine :wallbash:....my go-to fly is an olive wooly bugger with flash.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.