BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12ft aluminium and I've seen similar boats around with wheels attached to the transom. I'm assuming this makes it possible for one person to launch a roof-topper. Anyone have any experience with this and where can I get a set?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Steveston marine usually has some in, you can also try West Marine. They're not cheap though, and there are a few different kinds. The only real drawbcak is getting in the way of an electric or fishing finder transducer. :cheers:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well you've got to mount them so they don't get in the way.

You can build a cheap set by using the front forks and wheels from kids bicycles. Have some short sections of pipe welded to a mounting plate. The pipe has to have a slightly larger inside diameter than the outside diameter of the fork spindle. Get the kids bike cheap or free at garage sales or wherever kids leave their bikes. ;D

Mount the welded spindle holder in the appropriate places and slide the spindles in. When you hit the water. Lift the back end up and the wheels drop off.

Place them upside down in the holders if you don't have room in the boat for them.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey Ratherbfishen

Was at M&B marine in Langley today and they have aset in there.

Centerpin

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Cemtrepin.
I checked out their website but couldn't tell if they will be open on Sunday . I guess not. Ot Monday either. Wish I'd seen yor response earlier as Langley's a bit far for me on a weekday. I hope they'll still have them next weekend. Any idea what they cost?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.