BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I gave in and finally bought a expensive salmon rod as well as 60lb braided line. I got my leaders all set I am planning on going out to the (haig?)Scale Bar in hope...ive tried googleing it out BUt no sucess...could anyone pls point in the right direction as to how to get there or map??... as i will be driving firt things from richmond tomorrow 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts
also known as Landstrom Bar

Scale bar is also known as 'Landstrom' bar. If you google it or look at the map on the Sharphooks website, you should get oriented.

I haven't been there myself but it's supposed to be a busy productive place.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Scale bar is also known as 'Landstrom' bar. If you google it or look at the map on the Sharphooks website, you should get oriented.

I haven't been there myself but it's supposed to be a busy productive place.
should be renamed gong show bar

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
The bar is just before hope on the lougheed highway if you are coming from the west. look for the comercial vehicle weigh station with all the cars parked by it. I am not sure where you can park now as there have been constant changes over the years in the areas where parking is alowed.

The trail to the bar starts right behind the way station once you get a spot to park.

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Don't park at the weigh station unless you want your vehicle broken into and/or towed. I suggest parking in town and taking a cab. Have fun!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fisher007 I ended up not going up as my buddies dad took me and my buddie out to the sand heads on his boat! we left from steveston as we got to the mouth all i saw was sockeye jumping everywhere and i mean everywhere!! we limited outs in about 2 hours. IT was Wicked , im new to the the salmon fishing hence my stupid posts of questions haha. But i do want to get out to HOPE maybe next weekend.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fisher007 I ended up not going up as my buddies dad took me and my buddie out to the sand heads on his boat! we left from steveston as we got to the mouth all i saw was sockeye jumping everywhere and i mean everywhere!! we limited outs in about 2 hours. IT was Wicked , im new to the the salmon fishing hence my stupid posts of questions haha. But i do want to get out to HOPE maybe next weekend.
Dont waste your time unless you dont mind using waders, in water up to your armpits in the Fraser....GONG SHOW!!!
Looks like it would be a great spot for barfishing for Chinook, when the water is a little higher

·
Registered
84 Posts
My friends call that the Snag bar. The bottom near that area is all softball sized rocks, and people tend to lose a lot of gear there. I've been there with 100 lbs braid, 40 lbs leader, and brought up all sorts of betties, hooks, etc.

Fishing on the saltchuck where the fish bite your presentation sure beats fishing on the Fraser. Unless you enjoy fighting the fish against the swift water, which has it's own attraction I suppose. And it's cheaper than getting out on a boat.

Go explore the area. 1st time out to Haig bar by yourself, don't expect to get into a lot of fish. Once you've explored the area, go before 1st light the next time and leave before the gong show begins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts