BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Island 22 boat launch. It's $35.00 a year and it's secure!!!!!
Trust me the $35.00 is cheap security.

·
Registered
28 Posts
there are many places. But it depends on where you want to go. ( to save gas etc). You can launch in mission, near the pub and dive shop, you can also go to Kilbey ) over on the way to Harrison) you go into the old kilbey historical site and launch into the Harrison, just travel down river to hit the Fraser...
You can enter near the Vedder ( bottom end) at the Barrow town pump station, and you can also find many spots along the mission side... go dont the dykes and you will find entrances all over the place.
But, as mentioned before.. Island 22 is more secure than other places. I have come back to find my truck had been opened.. but nothing taken.

·
Registered
730 Posts
North side of the river you can launch at Mission, 5 miles east is dewdney nature park with a boat launch, another 10 miles east turn right at athey rd $6 per day or $50 for the year this is wingdam keep going east to kilby and you can launch there as well

·
Registered
956 Posts
Grassy Bar Launch????

Where is the best place to launch to hit Grassy Bar? I went there one other time with a friend but I can not remember which exit to take off of Hwy 2.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Take the Chilliwack/Sardis exit off #1 Highway .......... head towards downtown Chilliwack. Turn right on Airport Road (there is a street light at this intersection) ..... Left of Young Street (another street light). Stay on Young Street ...... you will pass through downtown Chilliwack and are heading north towards Fraser River.

You will cross a bridge over a slough ......... keep going straight ..... watch for Island 22 Boat Launch sign telling you when to turn left.

Head downstream from boat launch to Grassy Bar ........ enjoy the stay (fight) at the most over-rated fishing hole on the Fraser River. :wink:

GOFISH 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
956 Posts
overrated? Would you have a better recommendation on where to go? I was only trying to get there because I have only fished at a couple of different spots on the Fraser and the other one was farther East but I don't think it is accessible until August. We fished it in August when the sockeye were in. To get to this place you had to drive down a bunch of farm country roads then cross over a shallow portion of water and park out after launching in a small channel. After launching you went across the channel a few hundred yards and anchored in about 2 feet of water. for some reason I want to say it is call Bowmans. I may be wrong.

But anyway....any better suggestions for success this time of year. Any suggestions are highly appreciated since the guy I went with is no longer around.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Your talkin about #3 rd boat launch right above Catherwood log sort bowmans is on the other side of the river, you are correct. Better fishin hole, in my opinion.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
hey Thrasher

that place you are talking about is PEGLEG BAR which the channel of water is actually called Minto Channel

it is good fishing im them there parts :D :D

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
956 Posts
Thanks Hook, I got to looking at a map and that looks right, Pegleg. Is it good bar fishing up thru there now?

·
Registered
956 Posts
fishhog said:
Island 22 boat launch. It's $35.00 a year and it's secure!!!!!
Trust me the $35.00 is cheap security.
How long can you leave a vehicle parked at the Island 22 launch?

I went there to familiarize myself with the launch, so that in the morning hours I wouldn't be confused. It appears to be fairly open up there, what makes this place secure? Do they patrol it certain hours?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts