BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day. I will be visiting my son in Seattle the second weekend in September and we will fish a bit in Puget Sound. I am thinking of towing my 20' bay boat to BC, particularly Vancouver Island about September 8. Where would you recommend to fish in saltwater? Would the Campbell River area have fish in saltwater? I will be trying to flyfish for silvers and maybe very early morning kings. Will there still be pinks in the salt? Thank you for any information. Cheers, Gary

·
Registered
515 Posts
I would recommend China Creek, lots of camping spots and big springs (25+ Lbs)

Just call them a week before and they will give you a honest report on the local fishing @ 1-250-723-9812

They have excellent boat ramp and moorage.

I have hit nice fish there for the past 20 yrs after our sept long weekend in Sept ( You don't want to go during the Sept long weekend derby its a zoo , which is the week before the date you want to fish).

The nice thing is the fishing is a 5 min boat ride from the doc and it is all sheltered water (its a inlet).

You can google "China Creek - Port Alberni" or "Port Authority Port Alberni - then click on China Creek".

Hey maybe hear you up there, I'm on Ch 10 VHF - Boat name Sir-vivor

Cape R
Good Luck and Welcome to Canada eh !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.