BC Fishing Reports banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ll be driving next week from Kamloops (Coquihalla Hwy) and will hit Fraser at Hope.

I’m wondering what are the productive places near Hope?

Well known is the Scale-Haig (Landstorm) Bar, but with all of the reputation of it, I’d probably avoid it.

What about Coquihalla River Mouth Bar?

Union Bar? (same side of the river as Hope)

Emory Creek?

Remembering something I've heard abot Boston Bar ?

Thx,

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
just drive around until you see a bunch of parked cars, then go down and check it out. haha

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Common practice I believe if there are other cars.
It is not easy to drive simultaneously both sides of the river.
Besides, what if others are late?

Any location specifics would make my plans sharper.

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Pipeline, Chawathil, Flood Hope, Silverhope. I bet Google Earth will show some places that may be out of the way if you want to avoid crowds.The Coquihalla River bar is a good place to plunk for springs or fly fish but not suitable for flossing. If you try you'll lose a lot of gear. I always wondered what fishing the gravel bars in the town of Boston Bar would be like. A friend of mine went a few years ago and said it was still a bit of a gong show. Check the regs to see if that section of the river is open for sockeye. I assume thats your target?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks Big Green, you kind of answered a question I just posted. "Am I kidding myself to think that with enough driving/walking around, I'll be able to find a quiet calm area of the Fraser that isn't over-run with idiots." I'm using Google Earth right now, and currently cruising (virtually) down "union bar road" just east of Hope (towards Kawkawa Lake).
I drove this road about 3 months ago, and turned back at the tracks. The entire road, both sides, was absolutely plastered with nasty NO TRESPASSING signs, and had all the signs of being native land. Didn't look too welcoming, but on Google Earth, it looks like it would eventually get into some nice areas.
Any chance that what I'm looking at is actually "Union Bar"? Does that road eventually get back into crown land down by the water?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate your time (in this 'busy' season.

I'll be coming from Kamloops (staying overnight, driving from Calgary). An efficient game plan is essential for me.

Google Earth-yes !!! Perhaps I should get the paid version, as to reflect the current conditions.

Does it mean that the Union Bar road (beyond the golf course upstream, right hand side of the river) is restricted?

Coquihalla River bar must have debris from the Coquihalla river; upstream there is an island - how is the upper end of it?
What about Croft Island (across Hope)?
Silve/Hagit is on Bristol Island (across Scale bar)?
Flood Hope is the bank just in front of Old Yale Rd?
What is called the bar across the river (by #7) and little downstream?

Is the bank (by #7) across the Vasasus Island any good , looks like a small channel?

Or the area of the mouth of Ruby creek?

Too many questions, sorry. Have to ask...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.