BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to fishing the vedder, and was wondering where Is the best places to use wool or roe. I went to the upper river and everyone said that you just use wool, the fish don't bite up there. They also told me I had to go below the first bridge if I wanted to use roe, because thats where the fish actually went for it. Where abouts along the river is the best bets for each? and how far off the bottum do I fish both ?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
In the river is a good bet :p The people up top saying that the fish wont bite roe are flossing the fish and arent smart enough to know it. Fish will bite roe or wool if its presented right in any water conditions, gin clear or next to zero vis. I usually fish around 2 feet off bottom, remember fish look up and foward.

·
Registered
354 Posts
All those people (flossers)on the upper river that said the fish don't bite up there(why even use wool then?) don't know squat.Use wool in the faster/riffly water and use roe in the slower pools/tail outs.Or use a colarado blade in all of it.In all cases stay one to two feet off the bottom.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Spoonman said:
All those people (flossers)on the upper river that said the fish don't bite up there(why even use wool then?) don't know squat.Use wool in the faster/riffly water and use roe in the slower pools/tail outs.Or use a colarado blade in all of it.In all cases stay one to two feet off the bottom.
Don't be afraid to change it up, as above. I have found that changing up presentations in the same stretch of water can entice a bite, but in my experience Vedder fish (esp. Coho) are very, very greedy for 'da ROE.

Also, work the water! Make sure whatever you are throwing in there covers the whole run...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I find if fishing the upper river use roe and if fishing the lower river use roe. In the mid river where there is fast water use roe and in those deep slower pools use roe,
Sam :peace

P.S. wool sometimes works well also

·
Registered
129 Posts
thanks for the help w the pic Shane.

Heres a little more info.
I use wool about 80% of the time, Roe 10% and Blades 10%.
Wool is the most productive for me. I often add various scents such as roe, shrimp, and ainse.
I tie two colour combos. Pink/Red, Red/Purple, Orange/Peach, Red/White are among the most productive.
I trim the wool tie down to a very small size...about that of a single egg.

Roe is extremely productive also. However, I hate having to rebait every 5-10 casts.
I can get another 3 or 4 drifts in with wool during the time it would take to apply some new roe.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I do agree that both roe and wool are productive.... it all depends on your presentation, Ive seen many guys with wool outfish guys using roe because of the better presentation... in my opinion roe might do a little better in the real slow almost frog water where the fish has a little more time to inspect and smell the offering... in current and seams if you put it in front of their face they will hit it. I personally hate using roe... rebaiting ect is a pain... some of my go to wool combos bubble gum/light blue, bubble gum/purple.... blades are deadly as well worth a try if the wool isnt producing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.