BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probably heading out tomorrow to Sandheads for the first time on a friend of a friends boat. It will be our first time fishing there. Any suggestions for fishing without a downrigger would be great. I do have one downrigger but I'm not sure if his boat has the holes drilled to fit it so we may try and do without. Does jigging produce? Will trolling with large bananna weights work? Any suggestions are very much appreciated!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Heading out tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has reports for mouth of the cap out to the bell? I prefer to fish here( a lot clloser to home). Anyone out at sandheads today? Is it still producing. I've made a few trips down there. Hit our limit with ease one day and skunked 4 days later. What gives?

Anyway just wondering whats going on out there?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went out today. Met buddy at gasdock in Richmond, he is heading in..... 1 spring 15 lb and 1 Sockeye. He says he fished the outgoing tide and was retrurnning just at low tide said it was really slow. I gave it a whirl, few jumpers and lots on the sounder at 150Plus in depth... holding as if they are waiting to go upriver. Fished a cpl hrs (till 6pm ) and went in. slow.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Was off the coal port Saturday afternoon. Landed one sockey, lost one, and lost a spring at the swim grid. Lots and lots of jumpers. Almost knocked one out lowering my canon ball!!! Can't believe we only landed one with all those fish jumping???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well ended up starting off sitting in the rain at the bell on Sunday (12th). I was surprised at the number of other boats out there considering how crappy the weather was. Anyway fished the bell for a couple hours with nothing to show for it. Fished a variety of herring and hoochies from 40-120 feet.

Picked up gear and moved over to west van around 2pm. Again about a dozen boats fishing the shoreline. Saw a fish pulled in after about 5 minutes which peaked my optimism. Lots of jumpers in real tight to shore, about 50 feet of water and in. Anyway couple guys said they had landed a few small springs, however my lucky underwear was not so lucky on this day. Trolled back to the mouth around 6pm and circled around amongst all the jumpers at the mouth for a few minutes hoping to get lucky. Not my day, I guess.

All-in-All taking some buddies out on the weekend. Would love to get them into some fish. Any ideas would be great. Looks like some strong incoming tides this weekend for most of the day, which makes me wonder if the conditions at sandheads will allow for a full day of fishing.

I was thinking about MacDonald beach launch and working from the T-10 down. At least that gives me some options if the water too big out at sandheads.

Any Thoughts????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts