BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got one day to fish the vedder with my dad who is visiting from ontario. If you had one day on the ved, where would you start fishing... I'll be chuckin flies, while the old man will be using a drift (pink worm) set-up. I don't know the river well so i'm a little overwhelmed as to where to take him! cheers!
gibbs

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
You know Gibbs, you will get a different response from as many people you ask. If you are with someone
like your dad, a day on the flow couldn't get much better no matter where you go. :D

My advice, pick up a map from freds tackle or go on-line. Start at or near the top and work
your way down. Have a great day!

:beerchug: Marko

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think what ever peace of the river you choose should produce,my opinion is that the fish are evenly spread through out the entire river by now.
Mind you I fished it yesterday it wasn't a blast,water was very low and clear,everybody had a hard time finding fish,but i don't know if anything changed.
Wish you good luck and a good day with the old man. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Was told that it rained fairly decent in the wack today. So Im sure where ever the fish were, they have moved overnight and today. Any decent stretch of water will hold fish at this time of year. What day will you be fishing with your dad?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
ya definitely rained real hard here all day. i would say the river has come up and coloured since yesterday, look for moving fish to be had in the next couple of days. as long as it doesn't colour up too much you should be able to have a good day out there. looking to get out myself tommorrow afternoon, maybe see ya out there.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well we didn't land any fish on the vedder but it was a beauty day out there. I had a nice take on the first run I fished on a black and orange wooly bugger, after that ... nothing. But the sun was shining and the old man had a blast anyway! cheers!
gibbs.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Glad you both had a good day out
who needs a fish when your on the river with your Dad :thumbup:
Only fished with my Dad once so far and he got the big fish
Tough now as he is still in the UK
Did you fish with your Dad much before Gibbs ???

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We fished between Peach Rd. and Lickman.. Then went up a little ways beyond "on the way" to a real nice piece of water. I thought for sure there would be something in there but no takers! I'll be hittin 'er again this Saturday, I think I've taken about 900 casts so far this season so I'm due to hook-up next time out! -- Britguy we used to fish for bass and laketrout in Ontario but those days are gone now so it was real cool for both of us to get out and share some stories about the "good ol days"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.