BC Fishing Reports banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
3,928 Posts
Hey SL....glad you had a good trip. You have hit all of the spots I have been to many a time. Really like getting the chance to take a "freshwater dip" in Cassell Lake which is the one in Teakerne Arm....and havin' a shower underneath the falls is nice and refreshing.

Beautiful areas all up where you were.....I prefer that "side" of things up that way unless you are going to go up one of the big inlets on the "other side". I find Pendrell Sound, Desolation itself too much of a parking lot through the summer. Ya...the water is warmer but I prefer getting away from the crowds or the larger crowds as much as possible.

We generally run up the Sunshine Coast side from Vancouver and do a bit of a circle going past Des, Pendrell, Octopus, Teakerne, Dent Island, Johnstone and hopefully the Broughton if time permits and then work our way back down.

· Registered
1,537 Posts
I,ve got ones with every 2nd leg off, every third off, legs cut 1/4" shorter, 19"- 22"- 24" leader, black hooks, red hooks, and silver hooks. The only thing I havn't tried is low tide which might just be the trick. This my first time trying for sockeye. So far the grilse and dogs are the only ones biting.
Next time ....... there is always next time.
My Grandfather taught me the 3S's when fishing for sox: Straight (troll), Slow (troll) and Short (leader length)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.