BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't get up today but my buddy said he had to quit because his arms were so sore from pulling in all those big springs. He also said that the water levels hadn't changed much by the time he left at 2:00pm, can anyone confirm. Heading up early tomorrow :D :D :D :D , hope the levels are up and the fish are on the move!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Took my boy up to tie into some hogs. We hooked a few but let them all go to continue their journey.
Good thing was he caught his first king.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fished from firstlight till 1:00 pm....Lots of springs and Chum. The few Coho I did see were very dark. Water is still way to low. Lots of Snagmiesters ripping their gear through the pocket water... :? Need a hell of alot more rain!! Heard alot of Coho staging off the mouth of the Frazer..anyone know for certain? Lets hope...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
hit the poplar run about 11:30 today.....water up about 6 inches......much better flow but much more rain needed.......springs and chum were every where but no takers for the first hour i was there......a guy fishing beside me was just rippen on every cast......after about 20 minutes of this i said to him you know you can't keep foul hooked fish.....i told him nicely that if you drift through and wait for the take and just do a soft pull you won't snag very many fish....to no avail.....it was let it drift into slow water....wait for about 30 seconds and then rip......after he nastily foul hooked a few and released them he nails a nice spring and bonks it .....i could not take it any more so i said you know you seem like a decent guy but all you are doing is snagging fish nothing else and he sais to me i am not like those guys that do that....did you not see the hook was in his mouth and i said no it was not....the hook was in the side of his face because all you do every cast is rip through the fish stacked up......no i do not do this....i respect the fish ...you are wrong....so i told him if he fishes like that around the wrong guys he is the one who is going to get ripped......it was a joke.....any way right then he makes a hasty retreat with his fish and then i remembered he was the same guy in the same run last year showing his very poor fishing skills when some guy ripped into him and told him he had called the fisheries on him and man did he take off

released a couple of fresh brutes after that (in the mouth) and could see that the springs and chum were in a biting mood so decided to head up river and look for some coho

nothing for about 45 minutes then bam....coho on....released a 6 lb beauty(wild).....couple of minutes later another one on about 10 pounds....chrome beautiful fish....two big jumps then gone......within the next 20 minutes 2 more on.....typical coho rolls and both gone.....one more hooked shortly after but could not get a good look at this one but fought like anothe ho

was nice to hook into that chrome....what a rush

·
Registered
917 Posts
Thanks for the report nocoho. I know exactly what you mean when you have a chrome fish - possibly a coho, doing the headshakes and coho roll! It's a rush all in itself! As for the snagging and ripping - good on you for talking to the guy. I don't understand the appeal - there's nothing fun about fighting foul hooked fish.

·
Registered
901 Posts
good for you nocho
glad you had a good day after that

maybe we need some vigilanty river police action(no violence)
how about if we take a pen and pad and pretend to take down details of the act and the person so that they can see us
then if you have a cell phone just pretend to be calling the DFO (or call them if you want)
maybe that will be enough to scare them off :x
I am sure if enough people did this it would get arround that people were getting reported
just a suggestion :?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys...

Well excited for this season, lets hope a good season for all...no snags aloud cheaters!!

Looking to hit the Vedder Wednesday...can anyone provide some directions to some good spots on the lower vedder, even close to the Fraser. We dont keep our fish, I actually dont eat salmon, but love the fight. My cousin and I are looking to have a good start to another fun year on our rivers...Any advice and directions to some spots would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all and look forward to your replies.

Tight lines...blaze

·
Registered
1 Posts
oct 16 vedder

went to the lower vedder at about 11 am and fish till 5 pm. Lots and lots of nice spring and ugly dogs. saw 2 wild coho landed and released and my buddy lost 1 coho. saw a few coho swam by but still need more rain to bring in the coho in numbers

·
Registered
956 Posts
Vedder

fished lower today. Saw a few nice bright springs, but I personally couldn't do anything but land chum after chum after chum. I was short floating roe and had no luck. Switched over to wool and was very successful with the chums. Guys on both sides of me were doing well with the springs, but not me. I must not have been holding my mouth proper enough. :lol:

Yesterday I got a pretty decent hog out of Allison. Saw some coho swimming up, but no takers. Water levels have definitely made a difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts