BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be hitting Tunkwa the first week of May after the opening.
Any advise on must have cronimids to bring with me?
I will be hitting both Tunkwa and Leighton Lake

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
550 Posts
Any advise on must have cronimids to bring with me?
I had some luck last spring on size 12-14 black with red ribbing.Also Chromies around the same size.

Might also want to bring some green micro leeches/immature damsels.

Cheers

-RC

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
And if things are really really slow .......... garden flies work great on a floating line with a short leader. :roll:

·
Registered
517 Posts
chromies, ice cream cones, micro leeches tom thumbs worked for me. i like that lake. fished it once last season and wanna go again this year if time allows. have a blast man!!!!!!!! i wanna here a full report!!

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
love Tunkwa

great lake ill be there on May long camping till wednesday with my dad Wagonmaster

we find if the fish arent hitting the chronomid's we just troll a damsel they seem to love those things and alwasy the bigger fish too :shock: i lost a couple around ten lbs last time we were there

i have fished leighton but the fishing was slow then

dont forget to take a few hours and hit Logan with the fly there are some HUGE fish in there and i mean huge

i saw a local get a 14lber on a bobber and worm :shock: never seen a trout that big before. i was also fishing but couldnt keep those buggers on my lure long enough to get them to my hand or they would just snap the 6lb like nothing great airial display though

HOOk

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
well i wouldnt say that sinking line is the way to go however when the fishing is getting a little tough i just troll a fly on my sinkline cause it covers more water and the fish sometimes follow it for a long time before they even strike it

I had one there hit the damn thing like 10 fricking times before it finally crushed it so hard that it broke it right off :x man was i choked cause it was around 8-10lbs only cause it came out of the water after :cry:

i have also had a great time with my dry line there as well fishing chronomid's and even casting mayfly nymphs

hope that helps

HOOK

·
Registered
247 Posts
as tunkwa is not a very deep lake if you take a sink line go with a slow sink one. i usually use a sink tip line and a dry line with a 10-12ft leader with mayfly and damsel nymphs if trolling (kicking around) in the tube. i have had lots of double headers and boy is that fun trying to fight two at a time ; reel one for a bit then switch and hope they don't get tangled up. lots ofun and pretty funny sometimes at least for the people watching.
if you go to fishbc you can hit the link to lake fishing and then high country you can see and read about some of the lakes in the area, tunkwa is listed here

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Flyfishin Magician said:
Ahhh yes! My favorite time of year! Hey FF and Stone - we need to dust off our trout rods!
Argh...my back is screwed, I've got two herniated disks from work. :x :( I've already had to cancel my trip up to Dragon Lake in May, and I was really really really looking forward to that one.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
stone Posted: Sunday 30th of April 2006 08
Argh...my back is screwed, I've got two herniated disks from work. :x :cry: I've already had to cancel my trip up to Dragon Lake in May, and I was really really really looking forward to that one.
Sorry to hear that Stone.. :? I was looking forward to possibly doing a trip with you two again. I was thinking on putting together a fall trip to Dragon....May be your back will be better by then..

Finder :wink:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hey Stone - I'm very sorry to hear about your back injury. You mentioned it happened at work? That's not what I like to hear! How long do you think it will take to heal? Anyway - I was looking forward to casting some "Georgi damsels" with you - we'll have to reschedule when you've recovered!

Hey FF - a new 3/4 weight rod? I'm intrigued! What kind? Do you have a new reel to go with it? Sounds like the perfect rod for the Skagit...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts