BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey BGM. I've got a couple of patients from right near there, I'll try to find out tomorrow. Nice to have the forum back!

·
Registered
30 Posts
ya it is its been freezing on and off the last couple days but should be iced off now

kinda early for white lake dont you think may would be better

tight lines and good luck

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kinda early for white lake dont you think may would be better
maybe, but ice free lakes that are decent to fish and are not too big for a 14 foot aluminum boat (Shuswap, Okanagan, Kootenay and Arrow) are hard to find this time of year

·
Registered
24 Posts
Usually Rose Valley is one of the earliest to be ice free and active for catching minnows. But, does anyone know of the best way to get in there these days?

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But, does anyone know of the best way to get in there these days?
I'd be interested in knowing as well. You used to be able to hike in from the top but we want to get a small cartopper in there. Possible?

·
Registered
52 Posts
As of two weeks ago , Rose valley resevoir still had a good covering of ice. This great warm weather will take care of that in a hurry. Anyone know how long it usually takes the ice to disappear from the Island lake area?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Usually the ice is gone before the snow on the road up there. So, if you can get in it should be free. Late april early may I'll be giving it a try.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Getting a car topper in to Rose Valley is near impossible now. They've blocked off the north access. The south is a bit of a walk up the fire road, I wouldn't want to be packing a boat up there. From the east you can get down a steep trail from the end of the road that Rose Valley Elementary is on (can't remember the name of the road) by the concrete water tower, but there's no way to get a boat down (and more importantly back UP) that trail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts