BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and have found a ton of great info. Thanks to all.

One thing I have read on this site is that White Springs move into the system late September to mid October. Where exactly is a good area to catch these ? I don't have a boat so I'm limited to certain spots. Any info on spots, timing and techniques is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Scottgggg

The white springs are starting to show up slowly right now in the veddar system in Chilliwack. No boat required. Easy walk in access on the lower sections of the river. Lower section meaning below the veddar crossing bridge. Just find deeper runs and cast away. Your best bet is float fishing with around a 18-24" leader using roe or red wool. Leader should be around 10-12lbs with a med/heavy rod about 10.5-11". They are big and put up a good fight. I hope this helps. good luck and tight lines.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I believe that island 22 is still closed to fishing. You can bar fish at Peg leg using spin-n-glows(no roe as there is a bait ban). There will not be much of a crowd as most flossers have moved onto other systems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How much of a current does the spin and glows need to work properly? I was thinking about parking my but in a chair and trying bar fishing near the Port Mann Bridge (Coquitlam side) but don't know if the current would be strong enough, also how deep do you want the rig to be?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Fairweather fisherman said:
How much of a current does the spin and glows need to work properly? I was thinking about parking my but in a chair and trying bar fishing near the Port Mann Bridge (Coquitlam side) but don't know if the current would be strong enough, also how deep do you want the rig to be?
You can fish spin n glos down here, but you need to fish outgoing tide. I have tried a few times, and caught nothing but chum on them. If you really want to battle a spring the vedder is your best bet right now. Float some roe through a few holes and you'll find em. Red/cerise was working well also.

·
Registered
417 Posts
flyguy said:
I believe that island 22 is still closed to fishing. You can bar fish at Peg leg using spin-n-glows(no roe as there is a bait ban). There will not be much of a crowd as most flossers have moved onto other systems.
I don't belive Island 22 is closed for fishing. We have fished there for last few weeks and it was great for pinks. No campers, but you can fish

·
Registered
417 Posts
Oh forgot to tell. Yes, white spring are showing up ... We been fishing last week-end close to Tamahi bridge and guy next to me landed HUGE spring female. I think it was around 30lb. It was HUGE and long, well more than 70cm in length.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.