BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Up top at the cement slab looked to be in the 2 foot range. Mid river Tamihi down was about 6", below the crossing was about a foot. Heard of one caught right at the limit hole but that was unconfirmed

·
Registered
78 Posts
sickening, horrible,beautiful day, ripped brand new breatheable fished a buncha pools, no risers no takers, overall decent started at 530am n finished @ 1130am
took waders back gettin sent back to sims, n scratched my rod by falling down a embankmeant on loose rocks.
not cool but what can ya say few trout hittin here n there and few twigs n sticks too
cheers hope it gets to be awesome its a wee bit early :confused:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
i know what she caught ;D

was most likely a steelhead smolt, just remember newbies that when on the Vedder in July especially early July all those small little rainbows even though the Regs say 4per day (hatchery) they are baby steelhead on their way out to the ocean

I know i dont use tackel small enough or anything like ROE that might have these little guys striking until i notice that the majority of them are out of the system as i dont want to "hurt" them in any way

and kindly let others you see out there that are hooking them and then "tossing" them back into the water what they really are and to treat them with the same respect as anything else in the water. I mean even in the winter when i hook Whitefish i release them carefully even though they are a very tough and rugged fish and could handle a good toss or perhaps even in need of one sometimes (kidding) all fish are a careful ecological balance and they ALL need to be persent for this

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
what a start to the season.......4 fish on in the first hour....all chrome and all over 12 lbs.....3 to the beach and one got away.....using steelhead roe and they were just rippin it......oh crap....must have been that dream i had the night before

sorry guys.....just a little teasing

seriously though.....we spent a glorious day on the flow....water above the clay above borden creek was crystal clear but a little high....water below was way to dirty to even try.....saw nothing/hit nothing/talked to a few guys and same story

between the fisherman/the rafters/kyakers/dirt bikers and general public it was a very busy river yesterday

and to the guy whom i asked if any fish were seen, who when asked shook his head no and turned the other way.....nice flippin day to you too buddy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.